Cyber, Education Market, ICT, Engineering, Securitytester
Education type:Edu type:
Education level:Edu level:
Master (EQF 7)
Why study Computer Science in Amsterdam?
- You are interested in the techniques behind computer systems, programs, and the Internet.
- You have the ambition to get to the core of a scientific computational problem and are eager to discuss this at the highest level with your peers.
- You want, for example, to learn what is technically feasible on the Internet, now and in the future, or learn to design intelligent computer programs.
You want to become a well-trained researcher by taking part in research with renowned scientists from both the VU University Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam.
What can you expect from the Computer Science programme in Amsterdam?
- State-of-the-art teaching facilities and computing infrastructures;
- education from internationally renowned scientists;
- interactive teaching methods, individual supervision, and research orientation.
The Computer Science study programme
The curriculum in this Master’s programme mainly takes place at the VU Amsterdam, where you have the opportunity to choose from a range of specialisations according to your interest:
- Big Data Engineering
- Computer Systems Security
- Foundations of Computing and Concurrency
- Internet and Web Technology
- Parallel Computing Systems
- Software Engineering and Green IT
Joint degree programme with VU Amsterdam
Computer Science is a joint degree programme of the University of Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Courses are taught at locations of both universities. UvA and VU jointly issue a degree certificate to graduates. As a Computer Science student in Amsterdam you benefit from expertise, networks and research projects at both universities and affiliated research institutes.
This program is legally recognized and accredited by the Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).