Education type:Edu type:
Education level:Edu level:
Master (EQF 7)
The 4TU cyber security master specialisation offers computer science master students a state-of-the-art education and an opportunity to contribute to our cutting-edge research.
- Graduates have a profound understanding of security and privacy risks and mitigations in Cyber Space and are able to model and evaluate these risks and mitigations.
- Graduates have understanding and skills of applying the relevant foundations of cyber security, such as cryptography, formal methods, statistics, machine learning, and data analytics.
- Graduates have understanding and skills of cyber security engineering methodologies in the small and in the large.
- Graduates have insight into cross-disciplinary aspects of cyber security such as law, psychology, economics, governance, and management, and are able to read and understand basic texts from those domains and communicate with experts from those domains on cyber security.
- Graduates have understanding and skills of methods and approaches for practical security evaluation of ICT systems such as penetration testing, risk assessment, and monitoring & analytics.
- Graduates have specialist knowledge and understanding of one or more sub-fields or aspects of cyber security, typically acquired via research in the final year project.
- Graduates have practical experience conducting scientific research into cyber security, contributing to such research, applying the results, following the trends of this sub-field and contributing to its further development.