Education type:Edu type:
Course or training
Education level:Edu level:
Doctorate/PhD (EQF 8), Master (EQF 7), Bachelor (EQF 6), Associate degree (EQF 5), MBO-4/HAVO/VWO (EQF 4)
Measuring power consumption and electromagnetic emanations to identify key leakage has become commonplace in security evaluations. Performing side channel analysis introduces new challenges for developers and evaluators every time. Knowing the kind of analysis you need to perform, post-processing steps to take and alignment options to choose is essential.
In this training you get introduced to these concepts and you learn by investigating real-world examples. During the course you work with Riscure's test tools to gain hands-on experience with these techniques. The topics include:
- Side channels and their leakage characteristics
- The workflow for performing side channel analysis testing
- Inspection of a target using Simple Power Analysis (SPA)
- Performing Differential- and Correlation Power Analysis on DES and AES (DPA/CPA)
- Advanced attacks on countermeasures in RSA, DES, AES
At the end of the training you have a thorough understanding of DPA and EMA test methods and you are able to perform this kind of testing on smart cards and embedded chips. You can verify the robustness of chips with none up to basic countermeasures and in a simple to moderate environment complexity.
- Manufacturers, security evaluation labs and research institutes evaluating side channel tooling to expand or renew their setup.
- Developers that make code to run on hardware which must be resistant against DPA, EMA and timing analysis.
- Evaluation laboratories looking to get a better grip on performing side channel testing.
- Government organizations seeking to analyze the threat posed by state-of-the-art side channel attacks.
- Inspector customers that wish to train new Inspector users or refresh and update their own knowledge.
- A basic understanding of security and cryptography.
- A basic understanding of embedded and smart card interfaces.
- A basic conceptual understanding of side channel testing is recommended, but not required to follow the training.
Riscure provides lunch, coffee/tea and beverages and training material. Equipment for the hands-on sessions will be provided. Each participant will receive a Level 1 certificate of completion