Bachelor (EQF 6)
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Please note that this position is a fixed-term contract.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources.
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers.
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support to the risk management processes (e.g. maintenance of risk register, monitoring of status of risk mitigation/reduction actions) for the Business Unit.
- Support to the inventory and asset management processes for the Business Unit, including coordination of the proper registration of inventory items and assets, valuation of assets, in accordance with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of required tools.
- Support to the maintenance of industrial return databases for the BU, periodic verification of the BU data against ESA system for consistency, monitoring and forecasting of industrial return values for the procurements of the BU with respect to agreed targets, etc.
- Support assets and inventories management (including technical databases).
- Support BU for worked time activities processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
- Support BU for travel management processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Supportive attitude towards business management.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- Proficiency in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience in the use of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented and proactive approach.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being a cooperative team player in a diverse and international team.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities.
- Knowledge of another official ESA language.