Master (EQF 7)
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for an Assistant Security Officer to work at ESTEC’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The key person will be responsible for liaising with the ESA Security Office regarding security matters affecting NAV (navigation). They will also provide other administrative support related to NAV security tasks.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Maintaining the operational access control and intrusion detection system.
- Monitoring the implementation and correct use of the D/NAV classified information management system.
- Organising and overseeing the transfer of classified information to external entities.
- Reporting incidents or infringements related to GNSS Physical, ICT or Personnel Security activities to the ESA Security Office. Investigating these security incidents and providing the Security Incident Report to the ESA Security Office.
- Initiating and coordinating internal audits and security incident prevention measures.
- Supporting ESO in internal re-accreditation/inspection/audit/security investigation activities.
- Initiating the process of requesting PSC for NAV ESA staff and on-site contractor’s personnel.
- Managing RFVs to and from T-Building.
- Organizing security briefings and tracking attendance.
- Managing the classified sub-registries within the T-Building classified area.
- Enforcing the NTK implementation in the T-Building CLA area.
- Updating the NAV SecOps if needed.
- Engaging in tasks covering the daily operation, maintenance, and change control for records in the Navigation Directorate’s Documentation and Configuration Management System.
- Participating in and supporting improvements to the processes related to the use of electronic documentation and configuration systems, management tools (e.g., for action tracking) and other relevant IT tools.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution, with typically 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with classified information.
- Experience with the processes associated to the management of a classified area.
- Willing and eligible to apply for a Personal Security Clearance.
- Good understanding of English, written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- The previous possession of a Personal Security Clearance.