Business Development Manager Civil Aviation
Here at Robin, we're passionate and dynamic; driven and forward-thinking. As an official Great Place to Work, we empower and inspire people to do their best work on their own terms. And we innovate. Every. Single. Day.
We're proud of what we do, but we also know that our success relies on you — the talented, bright and independent professionals who bring passion to your work each morning.
So, what do you think - are you a Robin?
Do you have what it takes to be our Business Development Manager?
Read on if you think you do!
How you'll answer, "So what do you do?"
“I liaise with clients to generate and close sales of radars, developing and growing our business.”
Mmmm. Not bad.
Here's what a Robin would say:
“I’m a customer-listening, market-understanding, sales-closing, international business-to-business development manager. I focus on the Civil Aviation segment to deliver innovative solutions to new clients.”
Day-to-day, here's what you'll really do:
- Visit airside safety and security managers to share why other airports use our technology;
- Manage Civil Aviation as your own market segment;
- Your primary focus is Europe, but you’ll respond to opportunities outside of Europe as well;
- You’ll tap into the momentum of issues around drones;
- Come up with new ideas for promotion, having the freedom to execute good ones.
Preventing birds striking aircraft, as well as protecting against drone intrusions, is an on-going challenge. We believe we have the solution. It’s your job to get that solution into more and more international airports.
Our bird and drone radars are already at Amsterdam Schiphol, London Heathrow, Berlin Brandenburg, Fraport and Copenhagen, amongst others. These are the early adopters. We’re convinced that it’s a matter of time before bird and drone radars become the norm at all international airports.
As Business Development Manager, you’ll be part of the Sales Team, and the Civil Aviation segment is yours. You’ll work alongside colleagues running other segments (Wind Energy, Military Aviation and Defence & Security). You all report to the Sales Director who is there to support and guide you.
Sound good? Already itching to apply?
But hold on just a second, there's more.
What we're after:
- You have 7-10 years of experience as an international Sales or Business Development Manager in an aviation environment;
- You speak English fluently, Dutch is a pre;
- Experience with tenders and long sales cycles;
- You’re a trailblazer who can independently develop unknown markets;
- You have a passion for technology. Although you may not be an engineer, you are able to understand and communicate technology;
- You’re friendly, reliable, professional, and assertive, with the ability to close sales without being overly-aggressive or pushy.
And of course, you should identify with our core values: trust, responsibility & transparency.
So, what do you say? Excited?
Were you nodding all the way down here?