Big Data, Engineering, machine learning, Data Science, Linux, SQL, DevOps, Business Intelligence
Bachelor (EQF 6)
ING is looking for an excellent Data engineer for the trade and communication surveillance squad. Our team works with data from a range of channels to produce meaningful findings for our compliance officers allowing them to make more data-driven decisions.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data and data quality, flow and collection. Alongside working with existing data collection and data monitoring applications and writing new ones.
We operate according to a Biz-Dev Ops development process and strongly believe in the Agile approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical target oriented development with regular milestones.
Feature delivery is driven by the priorities determined by the Business and Product Owners, working on a day-to-day basis with the IT organization to ensure the delivery optimal added value.
The main challenges addressed at all times by our team are:
- meeting the appropriate availability, integrity and confidentiality our stakeholders expect
- consider the outcome of prioritization processes and related dependencies
- coordinating vendors with ING business feature expectation
- perform meaningful testing for several relevant goals
- aim at improving time-to-market and added business value
- automate the redundant support tasks.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- support in the area of data engineering to enable the team to focus on delivering insights to the business
- Own and improve the entire business intelligence / analytics data pipeline
- Analyse source systems to identify appropriate sources of data.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues
- Profiling data sources
- Building and testing data pipelines (using programming/scripting languages)
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Evaluation of infrastructure and tools and authority on taking decisions on our tech stack
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Scripting Languages (Bash and/or PowerShell)
- Elastic search
- DevOps and and version control system ex. Git
- Big Data (Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Programming (Java, C#)
- Linux administration
- Data Science (Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning)
- Relativity Trace e-discovery
- Security development methodologies
What we offer:
- A full time position (40 hour week)
- Professional working environment
- An above market Competitive salary and benefits
- a 13th month
- Free public transport card for the whole of Netherlands, including the weekends
- Great training and education opportunity
If you are interested and like to know more about this job opportunity please contact Paul Braakman or our recruiter. Interested? Click the 'more information'-button on top of this page to apply.