Master (EQF 7)
Roseman Labs is a deep-tech company with an innovative analytics solution that guarantees data privacy. Our Virtual Data Lake (VDL) enables multiple parties to perform joint data analyses without having to share the underlying data with each other. We have a solid customer base and are growing fast. To boost our growth, we are looking for a DevOps engineer. The core of the VDL uses techniques from modern cryptography to enable the main privacy features. However, the core would be worthless without an ecosystem of interfaces and deployment tools – and that’s where you come in! You will play an important role in designing and building efficient deployment infrastructures (including SaaS) and streamlining our CI/CD pipelines. You will be working closely with our full-stack and kernel teams.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement innovative hosting solutions for our products (SaaS) that are intuitive and easy to use;
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for our products, including scripting the environments as Infra-as-Code (IaC);
- Improving our own infrastructure and team collaboration;
- Design and implement effective monitoring and alerting capabilities throughout our platforms;
- Optimizing our product and update release cycles;
- Streamlining performance testing and evaluation;
- Automating internal processes for increased efficiency and productivity;
- Agile cooperation with the cryptography and customer deployment teams;
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions for improvement of our architectures and codebases
We are looking for a colleague who can identify with the following description:
- University degree in exact sciences (MSc) and possessing an analytical mindset; or equivalent experieence
- Proven prior work experience in a DevOps role. This includes having used code to build and maintain critical applications or scalable system infrastructures;
- Hands-on experience with using or administering Linux environments, including troubleshooting and shell-scripting (e.g., Bash);
- Experience with container tooling such as Docker (Swarm) and Kubernetes, as well as configuration tooling such as Ansible or Salt;
- You have an international orientation and experience. You speak English at a professional level;
- You are hands-on, proactive, organized, and structured. You have a strong eye for quality;
- You are creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. You can quickly respond to changes in the environment and deliver short-cyclical value in an Agile way;
- You enjoy working in a small team of a fast-growing start-up with many opportunities but also many uncertainties.
We offer attractive employment conditions that suit a start-up in this phase; participation is an option. We value a high-performance culture built around our core values: customer, quality, and team. Where, how, and when you work is up to you.
Please include links that highlight your relevant experience, such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, or portfolio websites.
Our culture: Integrity and honesty is central to all we do as a team. We are obsessed with quality, open to feedback and eager to learn. We celebrate diversity and accommodate for individual preferences. Where, how, and when you work is up to you.