Cyber, ICT, Engineering, IT infrastructure
Master (EQF 7)
The Director Engineering is the final responsible of the entire design, development and qualification process of our products and solutions. Responsibility goes from initial estimates of the required man-hours and cost until the actual realization according to these estimates which are monitored by appropriate metrics. Of course, innovation and design to cost are key elements in this. Execution of the engineering activities is often done in cooperation with international partners internal and/or external the Thales Group.
The engineering department has gone through and is still going through an enormous growth in number of people. The Director Engineering is leading this growth by ensuring that best-in-class technical and organizational talents are acquired, making sure that these new (mostly young) engineers feel welcome and quickly perform to the best of their capabilities in a pleasant working atmosphere. She/he ensures the deployment of processes, methods, tools and practices while managing efficiency and effectiveness in Engineering for the full life-cycle of products, systems and solutions (including services).
The Director Engineering:
- Is a member of the Naval Management Team
- Is responsible for innovation of system engineering technologies, methods, tools and processes.
- Leads and directs architectures to meet market emerging requirements.
- Develops and manages collaborative, multi-entity teams
- Ensures the proper learning, coaching etc. to support the professional development (competences, skills and careers) of employees and multi-entity teams in the engineering departments
- You have a proven track record in the Engineering domain (knowledge of the Thales process, methods and tools is an advantage),
- are open minded and thinks ‘outside in’ ,
- have a Master degree in Engineering,
- have international experience in a high tech environment,
- are able to drive and implement change and lead the team according to the Thales Leadership Profile of which the most important successively are:
- Shape solutions out of complexity – simplify complexity, be agile and focused on the important, quickly and unconventionally when appropriate.
- Perform through cooperation – contribute to the collective success and completion of projects, oppose individualistic attitudes in favour of win-win behaviours, manage on output.
- Engage and develop teams – express a vision for the present and the future and being a driving force, make people aware of their responsibilities with respect to current challenges and secure their commitment, support staff development.
- Manage self – be aware of strengths and areas for development, be a role model in all circumstances, build trust, giving and taking feedback.
- Be ambitious and accountable – take appropriate risks and decisions, demonstrate high standards for oneself and others.
- Influence key stakeholders – understand the dynamics of individuals, groups, cultures etc. in order to adapt one’s behavior and influence others in the interests of the company.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015).
Would you like to apply? Then click on the 'more information'-button on top of this page.
An assessment is part of the procedure. At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!