The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS) is looking for an enthusiastic PR, Marketing & Communications intern, to start in January, but preferably earlier.
HCSS offers a dynamic internship in an international organization, where you will work on different topics such as global trends, international security, cybersecurity, and resource scarcity. This is not your run-of-the-mill ‘get coffee and copy some papers’ internship: at HCSS you will experience what it’s like to be part of a small team of professionals in a fast-paced environment.
As a PR intern, you actively contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS activities, projects, publications, and other products.
Responsibilities include, amongst others:
- creating and drafting social media content;
- updating and maintaining the social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc;
- proofreading articles, papers, (powerpoint) presentations and reports, and formatting into our house style;
- drafting of press briefings and newsletters;
- supporting HCSS media monitoring;
- recording and editing podcasts;
- updating and maintaining the website through our CMS;
- help with organizing and logistics of events, such as seminars, conferences, roundtables, and expert meetings;
- designing banners and other visuals for promotional purposes.
The deadline for the application is the 15th of December 2019 (23:59) and the start date of the internship is the 6th of January 2020.
Candidates should have/are:
- an excellent verbal and written command of English; fluency in Dutch is desirable but not mandatory. HCSS is an internationally oriented thinktank, however, much of our communication is still conducted in Dutch;
- in pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications, political science, international relations or similar;
- a proven interest in the field of geopolitics and (international) security, and in communication and PR;
- experience with multimedia, social media and/or audio/visual tools and programs is highly desirable (canvas, photoshop, Tweetdeck, buffer, audacity, Mailchimp, WordPress, Drupal, Soundcloud, etc).
We are looking for creative and proactive personalities with a hands-on mentality; due to tight deadlines, the pace is often high. You will be guided by the Communications Department and our analysts, but you will also get your fair share of responsibilities and freedom. We are an innovative company and therefore always open to new ideas.
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student during the entire duration of the internship. Without proof of enrollment, valid for the entire duration of the internship, you are not eligible and your application will not be considered.
- An internship period of six months is highly preferred, although shorter periods can be discussed (absolute minimum is 4 months). Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
- Interns should be able to commit to working 40 hours a week.
- Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice and proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship. Candidates residing outside of the Netherlands should provide a certificate from their country of residence.
Apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com using “PR Internship 1/2020” as the subject line, before December 15th:
- A curriculum vitae, including references with contact details;
- A cover letter, indicating your availability;
- Proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship;
- A recently written text in English, preferably a press release, news article or a short blog (max 1 A4);
- Any other examples of your creativity are always welcome.
The HCSS internship is paid.
HCSS only considers candidates that submit a complete application and fulfill all eligibility requirements. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
For more information please contact the Communications Office, at 070-318 4840.