A PRODUCT ENGINEER is an optimal position for what we need. We are looking for a person who understands our core technology developed by our development team in Germany, able to assist the Chief Development with some of the research.
That somebody who understands the components of our product (scanner, control unit [Intel NUC], database, web based application and the interaction between those components) and can work from the position of a product engineer to describe and establish the product/service(s) and from the position of the customer to improve the product/service(s).
Type of work:
Product and service engineering for automated forensic document examination
printing and scanning of different documents – banknotes, passports & ID, source documents – for forensic analysis, creation of printed document databases, work with modern high-resolution forensic scanning devices
description of procedures, creation of use cases and manuals
create, optimize and test a Graphical User Interface for work with forensic analysis tools
Communication and organization:
planning and carrying out demonstrations at the customer’s site
- Solid fundaments in the STEM subjects: sciences, technology, engineering, mathematics
- Experience with experimental work: design of experiments, carrying out measurements and systematic evaluation of results
- Understanding of GUI (Graphical User Interface) as a tool for communication with the customer
- Experience to work Python software as a must, MatLab as nice to have
- Experience with graphic design tools (Adobe InDesign) and data evaluation tools (Microsoft Excel)
- Basic knowledge about printing and scanning devices, image processing and networks
- 1-3 years prior experience in the field of enginering/development;
- Graduate degree (Bachelor / EQF6) in Electronics or Computer science;
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux Operating System;
- Working knowledge of various types of Encryptions;
- Knowledge of database software SQL, Oracle;
- Programming skill is a plus;
- Nice to have basic image processing;
- English proficiency level (acc. to EU standards both written and spoken);
- Good level of interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritise assignments effectively to complete work in a timely manner;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate effectively with colleagues from other departments like sales and logistics.
Who are we:
We are a start up company, based in The Hague, development team in Karlsruhe and Mannheim. We started developing our solutions about 18 months ago, and are about to get ready for market.
We are a well experienced team with young soles. The solution, currenlty running from the servers of our development partner in Germany, will be transferred to The Hague end of 2019.
What are we looking for:
A young, enthusiasts, eager person who want to be part of our dream, offering a worldwide used solution in combatting fraud. You don't have to be too technical, as long as you understand how to converge the current development into 3-4 different USABLE solutions. You will assist the transfer of the IP from Germany to the Netherlands, together with two other members of our team. You will support the development team in any way you can.
What do we offer:
We offer a fixed contract and a lot of possibilities for professional growth in a dynamic and international team. We expect applicants to be willing to stay with us for multiple years, in order that we grow together to the next levels of skills and knowledge. Further, we offer flexible working hours, an environment with a lot of respect and support to each other, and personal freedom of action to reach our demanding targets. We offer a good market conform salary and 24 days holiday per year.
If you are interested and eager to get to know us better, you are kindly invited to contact Mr. A. van Duuren by email: [email protected] or by phone +31 (0)630051480 (Monday-Friday). We have the possibility to set up a get-to-know-each-other meeting at daytime.