Associate degree (EQF 5), Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
We are currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on the next generation of Concurrent Design and Engineering software suits for the European Space Agency and other space industry leaders.
This role is a great way to enter the Space sector and will provide you with challenging work developing bespoke tools and applications for the European Space Industry. The ideal candidate would be a confident modeller and coder in C# with a desire to learn new technologies.
- Diegem, Belgium OR
- Leiden, The Netherlands.
We can offer a hybrid model of working from both offices.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Implementation and maintenance of complex, design critical applications for early phases of engineering.
- Verification and Validation of SW applications.
- Optimization of high throughput collaborative systems.
- Design and implementation of supporting tools and libraries.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Strong coding ability in C#
- Experience with implementing UI components using WPF.
- Visual Studio
- Familiarity with the MVVM design pattern.
- Familiarity with .NET Core/Framework.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, specifically PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity and experience with Test Driven Design.
- Experience in working on large multi-faceted projects.
- Familiarity with Git and SVN.
- Experience in continuous integration tools.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Proactive, independent problem solver attitude.
- Good organizational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience with Java.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design.
- Familiarity with working in a Linux Environment.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker.