ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking to hire a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer, with a specialisation in customer tax integrity (CTI).
This is a challenging opportunity for a dynamic, strong and seasoned FCC professional to join FCC’s Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) team, which is part of the Group Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The position of Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer is identified as a senior expert role in the CTI area with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer:
- has in-depth knowledge of risks and requirements in the area of CTI and aggressive tax avoidance, providing expert advice and input to Compliance Officers across ING;
- understands the expectations from our regulator in this area and can translate those expectations into action plans to ensure the effective management of CTI-related risks;
- has a global vision on how to secure this today and tomorrow, and has the ability to provide different perspectives;
- advises Management on CTI related risks and requirements and keeps them informed on developments in the this area;
- advises and challenges the identification, documentation and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the bank’s activities;
- monitors to ensure that ING entities and ING employees are investigating, adequately mitigating and/or promptly remediating CTI compliance issues identified;
- investigates and challenges the circumstances that give rise to CTI threats and risks;
- keeps abreast of and acts on significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the global Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank;
- influences and participates, where valuable, in industry meetings and in meetings with internal stakeholders to foster the exchange of knowledge about regulations and to deepen CTI knowledge both external and internal to the ING organisation;
- maintains contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), works together with them to achieve the goal and gives advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind;
- leads projects and manages the production of deliverables as per the explicit quality agreements; and
- supports team members to achieve expected results. Assesses, develops, coaches and inspires them. Works together with team members to come up with solutions and find alternatives.
Your work environment
The AML/CTF team is part of the Financial Crime Compliance division within the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd LoD).
FCC’s AML/CTF team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant AML/CTF requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders and regulators
- You understand the business and have strong professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
- You are pragmatic and energetic;
- You have a critical mindset;
- You have natural authority and at the same time you inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
- You are people-focussed; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
- You are a good communicator verbally and in writing, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of CTI risks;
- You are an expert in stakeholder management;
- You are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
Experience & Skills
- University degree;
- Knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems;
- > 10 years of proven experience in the (international) compliance / financial crime compliance domain, with a focus on customer tax integrity and aggressive tax avoidance;
- Experience in strategic initiatives;
- Self-starting capabilities;
- Learning agility and innovative mindset;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and sound judgement
- Fluent in English;
- Organisational sensitivity;
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. Discover yourself our employment conditions. To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING *1:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
*1 The below are contract terms of the Netherlands. Please contact for UK contract terms.
Interested? Apply through the ''solliciteer'' button on the ING website through this link!
For further questions please contact Yonahtan Kortram, Recruiter. E-mail Yonahtan.Kortram@ing.com Telefoon: +31 (6) 11916744