We are looking for an experienced Tester (IT Engineer Competent) to strengthen the Vortex Test Chapter of the Tribe Credit Risk.
Your work environment
The COO Risk and Finance department delivers Risk and Finance related services to its stakeholders. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for several services related to Risk and Finance including system, process, data and information management and analytics capabilities.
You will join the Tribe Credit Risk which consist of approx. 180 employees located in Amsterdam and Pune (India). This Tribe delivers on time, transparent and standardized solutions according to the standards of the external local and central regulators and auditors meeting our minimum control requirements.
Hierarchically, you will be part of the Test team (“Chapter”) consisting of approximately twenty test specialists responsible for the functional testing of the Vortex application. Vortex is the ING Bank application that holds the ING Credit Risk data. Vortex processes the data sent by ING business units across the world, calculates the Credit Risk data and models, and reports them to the stakeholders (inside and outside ING).
Functionally, you will be working in one of the seven Scrum teams (“Squads”) in the Vortex product area.
You will be a key player as senior tester combining technical knowledge of testing in a data warehouse environment with functional knowledge of credit risk models and data. You will play a crucial role in improving (e.g. test automation) our way of testing to a next level. As a senior you will be responsible for knowledge transfer to new joiners and safeguarding a high level of professional testing.
Your activities will include:
• Test the application from a business and functional perspective.
• Closely work with the developers and business analysts in a Squad within the Agile principles.
• Participate in refinement, sprint planning and test planning.
• Plan and participate in demo activities.
• Review the functional documentation.
• Evaluate business requirements for test-ability.
• Define the test strategy and develop and execute the test cases.
• Create and maintain automated tests.
• Create and maintain the test environments.
• Act as a Scrum Master (part-time) if needed.
How to succeed
• A self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills and hands on attitude.
• Able to work independently, to coordinate own activities and to gather information from relevant stakeholders
• You are communicative, accurate and able to work with challenging deadlines.
• You are a pioneer of the Orange Code and you recognize yourself in the corresponding behavior profile.
• Fluency in English (work language).
• You have no 9-5 attitude.
Important qualities necessary for this function are:
• Bachelor level, preferably degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• In-depth experience in testing within Data Warehouse/Data Mart/ETL/Reporting environments.
• In-depth experience with SQL.
• Experience with test improvement and automation, including software development for test automation.
• Experience with tools for test automation and test management.
• Experience in testing complex financial products/calculations.
• Experience in functional testing of credit risk applications.
• Experience in co-ordination integration/chain testing and release and change management activities
• Experience in testing web-based systems.
• Experience with databases and Unix.
• Experience in working in an Agile-scrum framework.
What do we offer?
A temporary contract of one year of 36 hours per week, that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home according to a ‘hybrid model’.
• A reimbursement for travel expenses
• 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
• Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button on the website. We are looking forward to meeting you!
The ING Group is a Dutch Multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Amsterdam, operating in over 40 countries. ING's purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. ING prides itself as a front-runner in digital and sustainability innovations among financial instructions. With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.