With this assignment you will become part of the IaaS external team as a VMware administrator. That team is responsible for a number of external VMware platforms for large business customers. For this specific profile we are looking for administrators for the CloudNL VMware VDC platform. That platform consists of components vCloud Director with an underlying SDDC stack with consists of vSphere, NSX-V and vSAN.
Carrying out VMware maintenance activities on the various platforms
- Execute maintenance of the vCloud Director environment
- Perform maintenance on the Compute VMware layer (hardware, vSphere, vCenter)
- Execute maintenance on the SDN NSX-V layer
- Maintenance on the HP/Dell hardware underlay
- Implementation and execution of KPN processes with regard to security and compliance
- Maintenance on generic used VMware Tooling in the platform; Usage Meter, vRealize Operations, LogInsight
- Perform extensions on the current platform when needed from a capacity perspective.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of management and maintenance of an enterprise vSphere 6/7 Compute environment
- Affinity with Dell/HP hardware and maintenance thereof
- Extensive knowledge and experience with SDN virtual networking (NSX-v) and vSAN
- Extensive knowledge and experience with VMware tooling such as vROPS / vRealize Insight / Usage Meter
- Experience with migration from vSphere platforms
Team uses an agile way of working with a Product Owner and a Scrummaster / Teamcoach.
Hired candidates will become full team member of the IaaS external team and must be available during Dutch office hours.