Security Professionals, ICT
Type Opleiding:Edu type:
Cursus of training
MBO-4/HAVO/VWO (EQF 4)
Information Security Foundation (ISF) introduces you into the world of information security, its basic concepts and building blocks and how they relate to one another. You’ll familiarize yourself with ISO 27001, the most widely used information security standard, evaluate the concept of threat and risk and its relationship to the reliability of information, and gain insight into commonly accepted information security controls. The course is ideal for career starters / switchers looking for an entry level certification in information security, and anyone that wants or needs to learn the basics of information security and fundamentals of information security management. This training is part of SECO’s flagship track that is built on understanding and applying information security (Foundation training), managing information security (Practitioner training) and leading information security (Expert – CISO training).
This course is taught entirely in English.
Information Security Foundation
- 3 days, 4.5 hours a day
- Career starters / switchers looking for an entry level certification in information security. Anyone that wants or needs to learn the basics of information security and fundamentals of information security management.
- Comprehensive introduction to information security and information security management.
- Introduction to ISO27001 and ISO27002.
- Learn how to chart potential information security threats.
- Explore physical, technical and organizational control measures to protect information.
- Basics of Risk Management and Risk Analysis.
- How a security organization is designed and operated.
- Legal and regulatory requirements relevant to information security.
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
- Information and Security
- Module 1 - Information Security Management System (ISO/IEC 27001) & Code of Practice for Information Security Controls (ISO/IEC 27002)
- Module 2 - Information and Security
- Module 3 - Threats and Risks
- Information Security Policy and Organization, Measures, Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Module 4 - Information Security Policy and Organization
- Module 5 - Security Measures
- Module 6 - Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Collect your badge of honor
- Join our Alumni Network