Security Professionals, ICT
Education Type:Edu type:
Course or training
MBO-4/HAVO/VWO (EQF 4)
Dark Web Foundation was co-developed with the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), the first scientific research institute to partner with INTERPOL to combat cybercrime. It offers a comprehensive and practical introduction to the Dark Web. During the course you will understand the technology behind the Dark Web, and you will use Tor to discover hidden sites and services. You will grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets, and you will gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents. Finally, you will get a thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering. The course draws on the practical experience of high-level cybersecurity experts and Dark Web researchers.
Participants of this course need to install the TOR browser on their PC/Laptop
This course is taught entirely in English.
Dark Web Foundation
- 3 days, 4.5 hours a day
- IT and information security professionals with ambitions to get into Dark Web monitoring. Participants from law enforcement (police, justice, defence, fiscal authorities and investigators). Policy makers and government officials.
- IT security professionals will learn the foundations of the Dark Web as facilitator of hidden threats facing their organization. Law enforcement (police, justice, defence, fiscal authorities and investigators) will gain insights on how criminal activities evolve on the hidden part of the web, and understand crypto currency used for money transactions, money laundering etc. Policy makers and government officials in their efforts to develop legislation to combat crime in the digital era. This is an entry level training, a technical background is not required to participate.
- Understand the Technology behind the Dark Web.
- Use Tor to discover hidden sites and services
- Grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets.
- Gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents.
- Thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering.
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
- Navigating the Dark Web
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2 - The Onion Router (Tor)
- The Onion Router (Tor)
- Module 2 - The Onion Router (continued from day 1)
- Module 3 - Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Collect your badge of honor
- Join our Alumni Network