Bachelor (EQF 6)
Building a secure network is your hobby, but you can switch easily in a mindset to an enterprise environment where uptime, performance, and security are critical to serving our customers optimally. You like to script and program for fun but can apply these skills to your job as well. You are an energetic engineer who is creative and has a can-do mentality. You are a team player, collaboration and sharing knowledge is a natural behavior.
You will join an international team which works towards the target infra architecture for DDoS Protection on the Global and Regional Datacenter that consists of on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
Together we build on existing and new technologies to mitigate attacks and increase security and availability for ING’s public assets. You will participate in agile work processes such as daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and planning. Together with the Product Owner, the team (Squad) works on common goals and a shared backlog. We use video and collaboration tools to facilitate the communication process.
What you do (Capabilities)
You deliver standard, self-service infrastructure services to the Global IT consumers together with your squad. You can move all typical user stories and tasks from “To-Do” to “Done.”
This primary focus is on deployment and expansion of the on-premise and cloud-based DDoS protection in Asia and Europe.
For the Asia region, you are primarily end-to-end responsible for DDoS protection. This includes monitoring, incident and change management of on-premise appliances, cloud-based and ISP scrubbing services.
Your role also includes:
- Improvement of monitoring and alerting of these services (incorporate into tools for whole DDoS squad)
- Keep DDoS squad members up-to-date on local developments, improvements and alerts
- Build local contacts with CCERT (SDC) for DDoS attack mitigation and follow-up
- Participate in DDoS incidents and changes for the Global Datacenter in the Europe region
- Participate in DDoS improvements in Global Datacenter in the Europe region
You recognize yourself in this profile (Competencies)
With your expertise in Anti-DDoS concepts, secure infrastructures, event monitoring and automation via scripting, you contribute to the squad’s mission of delivering top-notch Anti-DDoS protection for our global services.
Competencies – Skills
- Experienced IP engineer with an angle into network security
- Experience with Anti-DDoS implementations
- Experience with Web Application Firewall solutions is an added value
- Knowledge of configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- The technology of interfacing squads and consumers to achieve an end-to-end view
- Impact of different factors on the performance and capacity of services different elements on the performance and capacity of services
- Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
- Understanding of the Scrum methodology (e.g., backlog and spring planning, review and marketplace)
- Knowledge of DevOps way of working (e.g., continuous delivery, cross-functional team set-ups, development of cross-skilled squad members)
Competencies - Behaviors
- The mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
- End-to-end ownership mindset
- Active team player who takes responsibility
- Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
- The mentality of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
- Reflects upon behaviours and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
- Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
- Coaches others to help their individual development
Your education and background
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at least a Bachelor's degree
- Certifications or proven proficiency in Networking and Security
- Certifications or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
- Excellent command of spoken and written English