Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
ING is constantly enhancing its resilience so that it can continue to serve its customers and society, even in case of a major disruptive event such as an IT outage, building unavailability caused by a natural hazard or a pandemic. Do you want to contribute to ING’s resilience? Do you have a clear vision on Business Continuity and Crisis Management and much experience in (further) establishing and maintaining a strong global BCM & CM capability? Then we are looking for you!
Our 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries.
The Global Center of Expertise BCM & CM is a recently established, small and dedicated team which sits within the Chief Information Security Office (CISO,. The objective of the center is to provide oversight and to support local countries by among other things, providing global tooling and facilitating the exchange of good practices. More specifically the center is responsible for (a) standardization of all local BCM and CM practices; (b) providing oversight on quality and performance of local BCM & CM capabilities; (c) supporting senior management with managing global major incidents and crises and (d) taking care of the immediate regulatory reporting process of business disruptive events.
Since the Center of Expertise BCM & CM was only recently established and the ambition level is high, we are looking for a seasoned BCM & CM manager that is able to further embed the center within the organization. A two year roadmap approved by senior management gives direction to the activities that the center carries out. But there is enough room for your own vision and ideas.
What you’ll do
- Execute the Global BCM and CM roadmap which comprises of topics such as standardizing local BCM processes, selecting and implementing global tooling, enhancing immediate regulatory reporting and further maturing global crisis management;
- Lead the virtual BCM and CM communities and ensure that good practices and lessons learned are shared throughout the ING BCM and CM community;
- Engage with related domains (e.g. physical security, information security, facility management) to ensure BCM and CM are aligned with and connected to other relevant initiatives;
- Participate in the various IT DR communities to ensure that global business needs are met and the implications of recent and future technologies are taken into account in the IT DR strategy and exercises;
- Prepare and/or present proposals, lessons learned, status updates and other senior management meetings such as CISO-MT, COO-MT, Tech-MT, Bank NFRC and MBB;
- Organize global crisis management exercises (MBB and MBB-1 level) and ensure that lessons learned are incorporated into the global crisis management organization;
- Maintain and execute the Global Immediate Regulatory Reporting Process, which includes reporting of significant business disruptive events to regulatory bodies and supervisors (approximately 10 weeks a year on duty which means 24/7 availability);
- Support CISO with maintaining and exercising the major security incident capability;
- Assist local entities with BCM and CM risk measurement as prescribed by methodologies and tooling provided by the 2nd line of defense;
- Represent the Global Center of BCM and CM in the ING BCM Expert Group and in external for a.
Wat you’ll need to be successful
- University degree in Business, IT or Finance/Economics or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in Business Continuity, Operational Risk Management, Crisis Management, Information Security, Emergency Management;
- Much experience with growing a small team into a mature, well embedded capability;
- Hands-on experience managing major business disruptive events and crises;
- Knowledge of relevant BCM & CM regulations, ISO standards, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, both in English and Dutch;
- Strong analytical and (senior management) stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to work within a complex, networked and agile organization;
- High levels of self-direction, self-initiative, autonomy and diplomacy;
- Ability to work effectively under conditions of time pressure and stress;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization (operational, tactical and strategic level);
- Program and project management experience obtained in an international environment;
- BCI or DRI certifications are considered a plus.
What you’ll will get
An unique job for experienced BCM & CM managers from 36 to 40 hours and a good offer that fits in with the times of today. To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A good salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life