Job description - Head of Financial Crime Compliance Quality Assurance
Your role and working environment
ING Group Compliance is looking to hire a proficient Compliance Quality Assurance Officer to globally lead the Financial Crime Compliance Quality Assurance team (FCC QA) function.
The mission of FCC Quality Assurance is to ensure quality in the bank wide compliance processes and in particular focusses on the end-to-end FCC related processes. FCC Quality Assurance is an integral part of the processes and governance that are put in place by Group Compliance to secure the success of the Bank-wide FEC & KYC efforts. It achieves its goals a.o. by the performance of objective testing to determine how accurately the implementation of FEC related controls reflects the risk appetite of the bank, in line with the relevant local and global requirements. This is achieved by means of testing that the processes and/or systems (i) are designed to ensure adherence to the relevant requirements; (ii) are operating as intended, and therefore achieve the expected results; and (iii) will continue to operate as intended in the future.
The FCC QA team is part of the 2nd LoD Group Compliance Quality Assurance (GCQA) team. GCQA is an objective function reporting directly into ING’s Chief Compliance Officer. The FCC QA team also reports functionally to the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) division within the Group Compliance department, thereby ensuring alignment with the FCC risk vertical, related processes and activities
FCC’s QA team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job. The team works with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the FEC related requirements and controls are embedded within the business and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders and regulators.
This position is especially suitable for someone who is keen to contribute to a safe and secure international bank, who thrives on a high degree of self-organisation and responsibility in his/her day to day activities.
Your key competencies
As head of Financial Crime Compliance Quality Assurance (FCC QA):
- You combine a deep understanding of compliance risk management and in particular of the financial and economic crime related requirements.;
- You are a habituated manager of teams, especially global virtual teams, as well as projects and are accustomed to setting up control frameworks;
- You have analytical proficiency with a proven interest in - and experience with - building up and maturing a sustainable and adopted Quality Assurance methodology;
- You show that you are a flexible, creative and curious professional with a hands-on mentality and result oriented who is looking forward to work on a wide variety of topics in the Financial Crime area related topics in an enthusiastic team;
- You will enrich our way of working with your adherence to, and understanding of the highest professional analytical standards and methodological soundness;
- You use your strong communication and people skills, and organizational sensitivity to convey complex messages in a concise and simple way. You are able to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FEC risks and to ‘get people on board’ to ensure buy-in from stakeholders;
- You will be a subject matter expert and decision maker responsible for taking final decisions on specific files as well proposed solutions being implemented;
- You act as an ambassador for the QA and FCC domains in general, and the mission, way of working and deliverables of the FCC QA team in particular.
Your experience & skills
- You have a strong track record of leadership;
- You have experience in leading and managing teams of high value specialists and proven record in developing talents;
- You express a strong personal vision regarding Financial Crime-related risks in the financial sector, and understands the added value of quality assurance therein;
- You are familiar with or can demonstrate expertise in the area of performing data analytical reviews and testing;
- You are able to set up original - albeit methodologically sound - advanced qualitative analyses, that nonetheless are always clear for those less privy to the topic;
- You can work across business, organisational and geographical borders, and thereby show both organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- You have excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- You are firm when needed and show flexibility when possible;
- You have analytical skills and sound judgement;
- You are a natural authority;
- You are confident, self-organising and result-driven;
- You have persuasiveness/counter vailing power;
- You have an excellent level of English (verbal/written);
- You have an in-depth knowledge and at least 10+ years of relevant professional experience in the Compliance/FCC field and preferably 5+ years working with QA/monitoring/auditing or related domains;
- Understanding of ING’s internal organisation is preferable.
What we offer
A 36 hours contract and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover our employment conditions yourself via the website. To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week.
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- A flexible working environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today via the website.
Contact the recruiter for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button on the website.