Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Eurojust is launching a selection procedure to establish a reserve list for the profile of Legal Officer in the Legal Affairs Unit. Reporting to the Head of the Legal Affairs Unit, the Legal Officer will provide expert legal advice to Eurojust and support the Head of Unit to ensure legal compliance in the area of regulatory and administrative law matters.
- Support regulatory work by contributing to the completion and ongoing revision of the Eurojust legal framework (including for example, implementation of the EU Staff Regulations, Eurojust financial regulations);
- Advise on any issues potentially giving rise to litigation and in litigation cases;
- Identify legal issues associated with Eurojust’s administrative activities to prevent Eurojust from incurring legal risks and to mitigate any risks arising;
- Prepare decisions to be adopted by the College, the Administrative Director, the Executive Board concerning administrative matters;
- Advise on the interpretation and application of Eurojust’s legal framework in relation to administrative matters;
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations incumbent on Eurojust;
- Draft decisions, legal texts, legal opinions and guidelines in the field of expertise;
- Monitoring and analysing legislative, regulatory and judicial developments at EU level and assessing their impact on Eurojust in relation to administrative matters;
- Identify and prepare guidelines, best practices and training courses on legal issues;
- Represent Eurojust and report on meetings, conferences, working groups and practitioner networks;
- Liaise with counterparts at other institutions/agencies on matters related to the field of expertise;
- Prepare and review draft agreements on non-operational issues with the Host-State and third parties;
- Perform any other tasks related to the other Sectors of the Legal Affairs Unit depending on organisational needs and priorities;
- Perform any other duties required by the job.