Doctorate/PhD (EQF 8), Master (EQF 7), Bachelor (EQF 6)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Public Cloud Architect, you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with CE’s in the advanced or new technology areas). You will be required to:
- As our expert in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series, and securing Public Cloud deployments, present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy, from technician to CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with when moving critical data, intellectual property, and mission critical applications to Public Cloud.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
The Cloud Architect role is an overlay technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. Cloud Architects are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Cloud Architect will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments.
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to win over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, and cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an systems engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related best practices)
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization and cloud computing
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products.
- Travel of 40%-80% within the designated region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation.