Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Senior Quality Assurance Officer FCC
ING Group is looking for a senior quality assurance officer to join our FCC Quality Assurance team. This is a unique, though challenging opportunity for experienced professionals to join the Group Compliance Quality Assurance, which is part of the Group Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The mission of FCC Quality Assurance is to ensure quality in the bank wide compliance processes and in particular focusses on the end-to-end FCC related processes. FCC Quality Assurance is an integral part of the processes and governance that are put in place by Group Compliance to secure the success of the Bank-wide FEC & KYC efforts. It achieves its goals a.o. by the performance of objective testing to determine how accurately the implementation of FEC related controls reflects the risk appetite of the bank, in line with the relevant local and global requirements. This is achieved by means of testing that the processes and/or systems (i) are designed to ensure adherence to the relevant requirements; (ii) are operating as intended, and therefore achieve the expected results; and (iii) will continue to operate as intended in the future. FCC Quality Assurance team does this in close cooperation with many partners inside ING, both business and with the help of other 2nd line (NFR) departments.
The FCC QA team is part of the 2nd LoD Group Compliance Quality Assurance (GCQA) team. GCQA is an objective function reporting directly into ING’s Chief Compliance Officer. The FCC QA team also reports functionally to the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) division within the Group Compliance department, thereby ensuring alignment with the FCC risk vertical, related processes and activities
This position is especially suitable for someone who is keen to contribute to a safe and secure international bank, who thrives on a high degree of self-organisation and responsibility in his/her day to day activities.
You can contribute to building the FCC Quality Assurance team by
- Combining a deep understanding of compliance risk management and in particular of financial economic crime related requirements;
- Analytical proficiency with a proven interest in -and experience with- building up and maturing a sustainable and adopted Quality Assurance methodology;
- Providing management insight into the quality of processes by clear and focussed reporting, while using data analytics and similar techniques;
- Showing you are a flexible, creative and curious professional with a hands-on mentality and result oriented who is looking forward to work on a wide variety of compliance risk management related topics in an enthusiastic team;
- Passion for integrity, compliance and risk culture;
- Enriching our way of working with your adherence to, and understanding of- the highest professional analytical standards and methodological soundness;
- Liaising with other (Financial Crime) risk management professionals inside ING;
- Using your strong communication and people skills, and organizational sensitivity to convey complex messages in a concise and simple way. You are able to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of Financial Crime risks and to ‘get people on board’ to ensure buy-in from stakeholders;
- Acting as an ambassador for the FCC domain in general, and the mission, way of working and deliverables of the FCC Quality Assurance team in particular.
The person we are looking for:
- Has 5+ years of relevant Compliance and especially FCC experience
- Has in-depth knowledge and at least 3+ years of relevant professional experience in the development of and working with QA/monitoring/auditing;
- Expresses a strong personal vision regarding Financial Crime-related risks in the financial sector, and understands the added value of quality assurance therein;
- Has a track record in building and deploying QA reports while using data analytical or similar techniques, to make sure new technical and data quality standards are properly reflected into the QA processes;
- Has a university degree with a strong risk management - related focus (such as economics, business administration etc.), or has extensive working experience that proves equivalence therewith (e.g. in compliance, audit, regulator);
- Brings excellent references from previous professional positions, or from his/her academic field of study;
- Is confident, self-organising and result-driven;
- Is able to see things from various different perspectives; we expect you are an independent thinker with a critical mindset;
- Has excellent writing and presenting skills that help deliver outstanding products and services to empower our (senior) stakeholders with decision-making advantages. Experience with (senior) stakeholder management is preferable;
- Is generally people-focused. Connecting to, cooperating and interacting with others comes naturally to you;
- Is able to set up original- albeit methodologically sound- advanced qualitative analyses, that nonetheless are always clear for those less privy to the topic;
- Is fluent in English (verbal/written);
- Can work across business, organisational and geographical borders, and thereby shows both organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- Comfortable to work in global virtual teams and contributes to the development of the same;
- Understands the business of banking, and has professional knowledge of the Financial Crime Compliance domain in financial institutions, and the related processes, technology and developments in the field;