This selection procedure is intended to establish a reserve list of successful candidates (indicative number is 5). Europol may retain the right to make use of the reserve list to select candidates for similar posts, should business needs require so. There are currently 2 (two) posts available.
The position of Senior Specialist – Head of Team is located in the Unit Operations in EFECC. EFECC provides support and coordination to Member States in the fight against financial and economic crimes in the European Union, delivering operational and investigative services on complex financial investigations. It also provides support to the European Union’s institutions and Member States in building operational and analytical capacity for investigations and in strengthening the cooperation with external partners, both in the public and private sector.
The Unit Operations covers economic crime, financial crime and counterfeiting (including the intellectual property crime coordinated coalition and the forgery of money project).
Under the supervision of the Head of the Operational Unit EFECC, the post holder will be leading one of the two following teams:
• Financial Crime Team; supporting Member States investigations against criminal organisations involved in financial crime, with a focus on money laundering, asset recovery and corruption;
• Economic Crime Team; supporting Member States investigations against criminal organisations involved in economic crime, with a focus on missing trader intra community fraud, excise fraud and frauds in general.
General Head of Team responsibilities
• Coordination of staff members and external consultants in the team, including providing input on recruitments, assessments and general staff development;
• Reporting on outcomes and performance, including definition of suitable KPIs;
• Oversight of correct and timely execution of administrative processes and procedures in compliance with corporate policies and standards.
• Establish, maintain and foster close contacts with the Member States and Third Parties’ Liaison Officers to encourage and support operational activities in the field of financial crime;
• Ensure the delivery of operational and analytical support by the Financial or Economic Crime Team to operational activities and investigations from Member States; adopt a qualitative perspective based on priority support to operations against High Value Targets;
• Enhance Europol’s ability to exploit financial intelligence with the aim of supporting investigations of Member States and supervise the information flow between the Operational & Analysis Centre of the Operations Directorate and the Operational Unit;
• Identify, initiate and assist in producing analytical outputs (operational and strategic) and other relevant intelligence products in the field of financial or economic crime;