NCI Agency is looking for a Senior Analyst for its Service Desk in Mons. If you have a service minded attitude with a strong interest in working directly with users, this position is ideal for you!
This is a position within the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA), an organization of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
The NCIA has been established with a view to meeting to the best advantage the collective requirements of some or all NATO nations in the fields of capability delivery and service provision related to Consultation, Command & Control as well as Communications, Information and Cyber Defence functions, thereby also facilitating the integration of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Target Acquisition functions and their associated information exchange.
As part of the NCIA’s Operations (Ops) Centre, the Centralized Service Desk (CSD) is responsible for providing comprehensive Incident Management for Information Systems faults, as well as for completing Request Fulfilment tasks. The CSD is composed of three elements: front office, back office and management. The front office comprises Service Desk Technicians working in shifts and provides Level 1 support to users calling the CSD. The back office is composed of Senior and Principal Technicians and provides direction and advice to the front office staff and, as required, direct support to users. Senior and Principal Technicians might also work on shift if necessary. The management team oversees the CSD’s implementation of the ITIL Service Operations process, as well as completing other staff, supervision and organizational tasks.
In this position, you will:
Provide superior customer service and responsiveness that inspires confidence with the customer.
Apply advanced problem solving skills and experiences in problem fault resolution.
Utilises and maintains standard operating procedures, processes and support documentation.
Establish strong working relations with customers and team members.
Validate and assure escalation processes are monitored for SLA compliance
Engage with other Service Lines, branches, corporate groups and service desks to improve service quality and SLA delivery.
You may work on shift or extended working hours.
We are looking for a candidate with a good general education at secondary level or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
In addition to 5 years' of experience in IT with 1-3 years recent experience in Service Desk Operations, you will also have:
Extensive knowledge of and experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7, MS Office 2007, Visio, MS Project and Internet Explorer;
Experience in the installation and maintenance of mobile computing solutions (e.g. VPN access, Notebooks, Remote Access, WLAN and iPhone);
Extensive experience in end user support in general;
Customer focus and service orientation as well as highly effective interpersonal skills in dealing with demanding customers under high workload;
Experience in performing user administration in MS Active Directory and Exchange;
Knowledge of Outlook configuration and administration and troubleshooting in an MS exchange environment.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, PC Hardware, Networking Hardware, Networking Protocols, Desktop Troubleshooting, Telephony, Network Security, SCCM software deployment, SCCM remote desktop management;
Competency in call centre tracking tools;
Prior experience supporting customers in use of application software;
Proficiency in using support software tools;
Strong experience with automating IT tasks and processes and procedures;
ITIL Service Operations.
- Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities
You may be required to travel for business purposes to NATO, national (NATO and non-NATO) and some Operational facilities (Both Inside and Outside of NATO boundaries). As well as this frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices may also be required.
You will also be responsible to maintain professional contacts with co-workers, within organisation element and the Agency, as well as with staff in other NATO organisation and external bodies.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable. NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
What do we offer?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.