Cyber, Security, ICT, Training, Security Training
Bachelor (EQF 6)
We are looking for a security trainer with a strong background in software development, who is excited about helping developers create the next generation of secure devices. This opening is for our European office in Delft, the Netherlands.
Riscure is a successful organisation that specialises in developing security test tools and testing the security Pay-Tv systems, embedded software and mobile payment applications. Riscure is growing fast and one of our security testing products is on its way to becoming the international benchmark. Most of our 100 enthusiastic colleagues have a technical and academic background. Riscure consists of four units: Security tools and software, Security Lab, Developer Solutions and Security Training. Next to our headquarters in Delft, we have offices in San Francisco, USA and Shanghai, China.
For our unit Security Training we are looking for a trainer with a background in software development who is passionate about security and is excited about helping developers create secure software products. Experience with software security review is required. Experience with teaching, reverse engineering and exploitation is a plus. This opening is for our European office in Delft, the Netherlands.
What does the day of a Trainer looks like?
Riscure offers online, open and private trainings on embedded system security. The main task of a trainer is to provide training to new & existing customers. Our trainers are domain experts with up-to date knowledge of state of the art attacks and tools, who can answer advanced technical questions related to the training content. Our trainers have cross-domain knowledge relate to embedded systems security.
When not delivering trainings you are keeping up-to-date with domain knowledge, incorporate customer feedback on improving the training material or develop new training material. This position gives you the opportunity to travel, as private trainings are typically, done at the customer premises (worldwide).
- Provide software security training from the current portfolio, in a professional, effective manner, regardless of the participants’ knowledge level. For software security, our current portfolio includes software security, designing secure bootloaders, ARM reverse engineering and introduction to software exploitation.
- Deliver tutorial, write-ups, demos, which raise awareness on the need for software security.
- Develop and update training material and tutorials for Riscure, in order to provide customers useful reference documentation.
- Work together with other trainers to develop & improve the existing training programs.
Key indicators for development and improvement
- Customer satisfaction & feedback from given trainings / demos.
- Development of new tutorials, write-ups and demos.
- Communicate business opportunities to other members of the team (sales, product manager).
- Bachelor or Master Degree preferred in Information Technology with strong focus on secure software development.
- Ability to address difficult challenges & unexpected problems in a diligent, professional manner.
- You have the following competences: motivated to learn, pro-active, analytical, work accurately, patient.
- You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to explain difficult problems to a wide variety of technical backgrounds.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Prior teaching or presentation experience is a plus.
What Riscure offers
- Riscure develops security evaluation tools. One of the tools is Inspector — the market leading tool for side channel analysis and fault injection techniques to evaluate the security of smart cards and embedded technology. This makes for a unique workplace with a fascinating market.
- Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality professional products, training and support. In our daily work we value content, creating an open and sincere work environment with ample room for fresh ideas.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. We have weekly lunch meetings during which we take turns to keep one another up to date about the latest developments.
- You form part of a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization.
- Riscure is a young and growing company. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of getting your own responsibility and personal development plan within the organization.
Does it sound interesting?
For more information, contact our HR department (+31 (0)15 2514 090). Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. You can apply to this vacancy by sending your resume accompanied by a short personal motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a personal motivation will not be taken into account. Reference checking and a personal assessment may be part of the application procedure.