The C1 Department is comprised of the following entities reporting to the Head of Department:
The incumbent works as part of the Solutions Deployment team within the ICT Infrastructure & Operations Unit (C1-A). The incumbent is in charge of a wide range of IT engineering and support activities including system administration and engineering, ensuring ICT infrastructure alignment, standardisation and desired state of configuration and automation of server and application deployments with a centralised configuration management solution.
The successful applicant will have to carry out the following main duties:
• Installation and configuration activities as member of the ICT operations team in accordance with engineering designs and specifications, performing trial installation and configuration activities in testing and pre-production environments
• Contribute to the technical design of ICT infrastructure solutions in accordance with solution architecture guidelines and standards, translating high-level solution architectures into the implementation of concrete designs, procedures and specifications of ICT infrastructure solutions
• Specify technical standards, aligned with the overall Europol ICT Architecture and Engineering guidelines
• Actively review Architecture and Engineering guidelines to ensure manageability and full understanding of technical consequences
• Review and implement technical requirements for ICT infrastructure solutions including relevant security controls
• Develop and maintain sufficient knowledge about the interdependencies of all infrastructure components deployed in the production environment in order to prevent incidents and problems
• Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams and ICT development initiatives providing technical advice and support and reviewing technical designs of ICT infrastructure solutions in alignment with software application designs, ensuring end-to-end operability and supportability, in accordance with ICT operational standards
• Acting as a second and third level support, perform technical analysis, investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents or problems affecting the Europol ICT infrastructure
• Provide support to capacity management activities, recommending changes in ICT infrastructure in order to address capacity demands
• Provide technical advice and engineering support to other teams in the Department
• Monitor technology developments maintaining up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art solutions
• Perform any other tasks in the area of competence as assigned by the line management
This position might require participation in a shift system including weekends and nights as well as participation in on-call duty.