Are you ready to help shape the ING Compliance function of the future?
ING Group Compliance is looking to hire a Business Consultant with risk management and internal communication expertise, to complement the Group’s Integrated Compliance (IC) Functional Processes team. This team is responsible for the design and implementation of global compliance processes, facilitation of global steering and workforce planning as well as global Compliance internal communications. The purpose of this team is to support and enable the compliance department to optimally fulfil its role as a strategic business partner.
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced professional with demonstrable expertise in the field of communications and risk management.
The position is located in Amsterdam, however, due to Covid19 currently, most employees are working from home. This is a medior level position within ING and depending on your experience and background, is positioned in job scale 10/11.
Join a fast-evolving, dynamic department with global outlook and great variety of expertise fields, where you can:
- Play a vital role in enhancing global functional steering;
- Contribute to initiatives that effectuate significant and positive change;
- Make a real impact for your colleagues and our customers;
- Help make the compliance function more data-driven, more uniform in its way of working, and more globally connected;
- Shape the tone of voice, enable best practice sharing, organise engaging events to further strengthen our global community;
- Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
As an IC Business & Communications Consultant you will orchestrate, connect and enable with the following key responsibilities:
- You develop, implement and enhance methodologies and processes that allow global steering of the ING’s Compliance function;
- You will provide and maintain insight and oversight in the Global Compliance planning, budgeting, and adequate staffing processes (incl. HR-related activities);
- You co-create and co-manage global compliance communication activities that the team initiates and rolls out like newsletters, online community, events, and awareness campaigns;
- You will lead and contribute to various compliance processes and change projects;
- You coordinate global best practice sharing in different compliance processes and promote awareness and adoption;
- You pro-actively support the Functional Processes team in its ‘business-as-usual and ’change’ activities and engage and align with a wide variety of other teams within Group Compliance, regional, and local compliance teams.
- You have expertise and experience in business management in a global corporate environment;
- You understand change management, the related processes, technology, and/or developments;
- You have a background in communications and stakeholder engagement and are a good communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- You have affinity with the Compliance and/or the non-financial risk environment, experience in banking is a pro;
- You are an energetic, motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box and take accountability;
- You can act as a spider in the web by stimulating cross-border interaction and alignment;
- As an intrinsic part of this role, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
- University degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of financial services business, change processes, regulatory procedures, and/or systems;
- 3-5+ years of experience in business management and communications position within a (preferably international) corporate environment
- Experience in Risk Management preferred;
- Ability to combine development and implementation in a self-starting, hands-on, and service-oriented manner;
- Agile and lateral thinker, demonstrating on the job flexibility and innovative mindset;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Fluency in written and verbal English;
- Ability to demonstrate organisational and cultural awareness;
- Hands-on mentality
What we offer
A 36 hours job and an attractive package that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life.
Working at ING offers you attractive benefits, for example:
- Interesting and dynamic working environment focusing on one of the key strategic goals of ING;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realise your ambitions;
- Full-time position (36h/week)
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (Job Scale 10/11 depending on experience);
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home (obligatory at the moment due to Corona restrictions);
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week;
- Public transport (NS Business Card – free travel in NL);
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3,5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
ING’s compliance department is a fast-developing function with an ongoing growing impact on the way we provide safe and secure banking to our customers in tomorrow’s society. With over 1000 compliance specialists across the world, we design and advocate pro-active, data-driven, and risk-based decision making and a healthy risk culture for all our employees worldwide.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring, and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.