Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
Are you the energetic Customer Journey Expert with a focus on realizing INGs Open Banking portfolio and strategy? Who has an innovative, strategic vision, who loves the unknown, with affection with Open Banking, API technology and a great deal of realisation power? Then you may be the Customer Journey Expert we are looking for.
We redefine banking. What about you?
ING is the bank of the future, one whose purpose is to empower people, both in life and business. ING provides a differentiating customer experience that is clear, easy, consistent and convenient.
ING’s Open Banking Program has been set-up to help the bank realise its Platform and Open Banking vision. We believe that Open Banking will help ING to further stimulate innovation and cooperation with third parties, including FinTechs, and explore new business models.
ING’s Open Banking Platform is a key, foundational element in our Open Banking journey. This digital platform will support the search for improved customer experiences and new business models through open API technology. The Open Banking team also ensures a solid framework and clear rules-of-the-game for the new business models generation and offers advice and support in designing and managing the Open Banking portfolio.
Your work environment
- You build knowledge, train business teams, promote and mature Open Banking within ING as part of our Expert team, by combining API/Open Banking knowledge, tech and business understanding and experience in (sr) stakeholder management
- You support the development, implementation and communication of our Open Banking Platform and portfolio strategy, governance and roadmap to ensure that ING is capable of delivering next-generation open banking products and service
- You participate in business development and partnership development initiatives
- ING plans to launch multiple new API initiatives in the next years. To help realize this strategic API portfolio for ING, you drive, coordinate and manage key strategic API development initiatives as projects within agreed schedules, budgets and objectives, working closely with the responsible business units across ING.
- You help shape decision-making to solve complex business problems in close alignment and collaboration with your colleagues and stakeholders
How to succeed
We are looking for an energetic colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. The customer is your primary driver. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Master’s degree with minimum of 5 years relevant experience, e.g. in a (technology) strategy consulting and/or business development role
- You are passionate about (product) innovation in financial technology, love to connect business and IT, and have affinity with Open Banking and (API) platforms
- You have the ability to utilise research to develop deep insights and drive actionable results (“business sense”)
- You have an understanding of APIs and client needs, bridging IT and business
- You have experience in project management in an agile environment
- You have a track record of realizing change within complex business environments
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- You are an energetic, motivating person who can work independently and who also can work as part of a team, think and act out of the box and take accountability
- You support in maintaining global ING contacts, external contacts and contacts with other ING departments
- Ability to understand the broader landscape of ING across segments (retail and wholesale), across countries and regions
- Implementing the strategy taking ING’s priorities and customer’s expectations into consideration
- Understand and apply business principles and external regulation
- You have strong realisation power, are confident, persistent and take initiative
- You make things happen thanks to your ‘can do’ attitude and excellent planning and organisational skills
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best