Associate degree (EQF 5)
Are you passionate about cyber-security, you know Linux back and forth and you know how threat actors operate? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for a passionate software developer with a mindset for detection engineering.
In this role you will research, design and implement an agent to use the current Linux capabilities, such as eBPF, kprobes, and kernel modules, in order to detect threats. Your job will be to understand when a system is under attack and identify the correct signals to stream to our security analysis engines in order to track, explain and remediate the attack.
About the Role
This is a fully remote position, no relocation is requested, you will operate from anywhere you like. Of course you will be more than welcome to our offices in Amsterdam, where there will always be a desk in the office and a stool at the bar waiting for you!
What we expect from you
- Love to research the latest threats, as well as detection capabilities
- Love to approach and solve technical problems
- Be comfortable working with a multidisciplinary and international team
- Proactively organize and prioritize work
What you should know already
- C++ 14 knowledge is a must
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of eBPF, kprobes
- Build high performance applications
- How to debug applications and kernel modules
- Test and ship customer-ready applications
- Proficient in Linux internals
- Code versioning tools like git and GitLab
What we would like you to know
- Familiarity with a few other programming languages and environments, such as: Python, Lua, or Rust
- Containerization, especially Docker
- Previous experience with cybersecurity is a huge plus
- Understanding of threats and threat vectors in a cloud environment
- Understanding of threats and threat vectors in container environment
What we offer
- A company culture that values your free time as much as you do
- The chance to work on a tight-knit, multifaceted team in a fascinating field
- You’ll work on projects from start to finish, from concept and design phase all the way through implementation and roll out.
- You can either be remote in EU or come work with us in Amsterdam
- Work with a team of colleagues that can help you grow professionally
- Possibility to attend conferences or participate to trainings
- Work daily together with top researchers in the cyber security field