Bachelor (EQF 6)
Dahua Europe B.V. is currently looking for an energetic (Junior) Field Technical Support Engineer. The (Field) Technical Support Engineer would be responsible for supporting our customers (installers and system integrators) in the Netherlands. The support provided will be initially conducted remotely (via email or phone). Under the guidance and supervision of the Technical Support Team, the (Field) Technical Support Engineer will also provide our customers with on-site technical support and technical training. As the (Field) Support Engineer you will be constantly in contact with our customers, which gives you the opportunity to understand the issues they are encountering in order to provide the needed feedback to the Product Team and improve the overall service quality.
Do you have a Technical background and you speak the Chinese language fluently? And does your interest lie in (information) technology and you would like to expand your knowledge and skills by learning on the job? Then you might be the candidate we are looking for.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support on hard- and software issues;
- Solve incoming problems (e.g. configuration, device settings, bugs, etc.)
- Assess customers’ needs and recommend suitable solutions within customers’ business requirements;
- Develop well-structured and descriptive scopes of work that best explain how the technical solutions fulfills the customers’ needs;
- Provide technical analysis and comparison between comparable technologies;
- Collect feedback regarding hardware issues and report these issues on our internal technical platform for improvement;
- Develop technical documentations and report for project manager;
- Attend fairs, tradeshows and professionally participate in booth duty at various marketing related Dahua events;
- Conduct technical trainings and convey technical information clearly to all level of internal and external customers;
- Other duties as directed by the Technical Support Manager.
- Technical educational background (e.g. IT, Electronic, telecommunications or related disciplines) or a large interest in new technologies / electronics
- 0-3 years working experience
- Past experience in configuring and diagnosing TCP/IP networks would be a plus
- Experience in technical project management with proven track record of successful and profitable project completion
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong ability to document, track and troubleshoot
- Travel within the Benelux region (20%-50%)
- Fluent in both Chinese and English (written and spoken). Dutch and / or French would be considered as an advantage
- Driving license B
- Living within 1 hour driving distance from our Zoetermeer office
Apply for the job?
If you have the requested experience and are interested in this position, we would like to ask you to send your CV and a short motivation (both in English) to our HR department (email@example.com). We look forward to receiving your application.
An assessment or business case may be part of our selection procedure. Please note that we may request references and a copy of your diploma during the application procedure.