Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technical issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise
• Expert knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
• Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
• Has achieved industry-standard certifications, e.g.: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA
• Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required
• Excellent documentation skills are required
Provides mostly tier 3 support and assists with project implementation within the networking environment.
• Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
• Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
• Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
• Evaluates a system’s performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
• Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
• Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
• Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
• May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
• Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
• Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or baselines.
• Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include baseline performance (SLA’s, etc.), Incident management and Problem Management.
• Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase, including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
• Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
• Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
• Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program sharepoints and/or communities of practice.
• Staffs projects and maintain the resource plan.
• Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
• Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.
This position is the team lead for the network engineer team.
The resource can be sourced from NL, Hungary, Germany.
Must be able to work from Unisys or ECB office.
Must have proven client facing presentation and influence skills.
Must have proven experience leading a network engineer team.
Must have high level technical skills in both networking and security technologies