Our mission is to make the world safer and more secure. And our core strength is the expertise of our people. We are committed to developing the future generation of cyber scientists, analysts and professionals. And we are always keen to hear from talented and experienced people who wish to join us in our vision to be the leading cyber security advisor.
Work together with the most innovative and highly skilled cyber security professionals in the Europe. Jump start your career in cyber security, learning from the best in the field, researching the newest cyber threats and working with state-of-the-art technology. Investigate over 100 cyber incidents on a daily basis!
- We’re looking for students to work at our Security Operations Center (part-time position)
- Deadline application: October 20 13:37
- Challenge Night: Thursday October 22 (17:30 – 21:00)
- Start contract: February 2021
What does the work entail?
- Run daytime/onsite shifts in our 24/7 SOC operation (on average 8 hours/week, depending on your class schedule);
- Analyze and correlate security incidents reported by our (in-house developed) Cyber Threat Management platform;
- Inform our customers of relevant findings and advise them on the best course of action;
- Engage in cyber threat hunting activities and prepare security briefings;
- Provide 1st line support to customers working with our platform;
- Research known and new cyber threats.
In short: learn what cyber security operations in 2021 is all about and apply your knowledge to practice!
What does Fox-IT offer?
An exciting environment in which you will learn from and work with some of the smartest people in the cyber security world today. As part of the SOC team you will take part in our SOC analyst education program.
What are the requirements?
You are currently enrolled in a relevant computer science or cyber security bachelor or master program, and you need at least 6 more months to graduate. Candidates from other bachelor/master programs are not excluded, but a strong (and substantiated) link to IT and security is required.
What do I need to do to enroll?
First and foremost this is a part-time position where you gain work experience complimentary to your studies. To enroll into the SOC analyst program you need to sign up by sending your CV using the 'Apply' button below.. For you to be part of the SOC analyst team you will go through a selection procedure. This involves an online assessment focused on knowledge, skills, motivation and attitude. The technical aspect of the selection procedure should not be a problem for people well versed in IT-security.
Deadline for applying: Tuesday October 20 13:37! You will receive a confirmation of your application and attendance (or declination) as soon as possible.
How can I prepare myself?
The Online SOC assessment is divided in the following parts:
- Theoretical and Practical knowledge test.
- Personal interview.
The knowledge consists of theoretical and practical questions regarding the following topics:
- General security; Attacks & Trends
- Networking; Detection, Analysis & Response
- SIEM; Detection, Analysis & Response
- File analysis; Approach & Mentality
- Practical questions involve topics like PCAP analysis, SIEM log analysis and writing reports, wheres the theoretical questions focus on your knowledge on the given topics.
The next selection round will be held online on Thursday October 22 at 17:30. The program will start at 17:30 and will end around 21:00. Information about other practicalities will follow. Send your questions or comments to vacatures[at]fox-it.com