Cyber, Security, Privacy, Data Analytics in Security, Digital Risk Monitoring, Risk Management
Doctorate/PhD (EQF 8), Master (EQF 7)
As a Privacy Consultant you are a part of the growing Privacy Team within Deloitte Cyber Risk Advisory. You are interested in a variety of privacy issues such as the possibilities and obligations regarding the collection and transfer of personal data.
In your role, you will be addressing privacy compliance within organizations, cross-border privacy issues (EU and worldwide), the ethical side of privacy, security of personal data, and many more related areas. We expect you to talk with customers about the issues and trends around Privacy. Because the privacy team advises on various issues of privacy, you, besides having legal knowledge, are also interested in IT and technology and you know how organizations work. From day one you will get responsibilities that increase your independence. This will also mean that your learning curve is very steep.
Type of work
As a Privacy Consultant there are several role related activities and types of assignments on which you will work. Some examples are:
- Carrying out privacy risk and privacy gap assessments in organizations. Identify privacy risks, and check the level of the privacy maturity of an organization;
- Carrying out large Privacy Transformation programs;
- Advise about the legal challenges in regard to privacy;
- Support in Privacy by Design programs;
- Support in drafting strategies on the use of personal data;
- Delve into the trends of the market and translate these trends into propositions;
- Carrying out GDPR gap assessments. Identify the gaps within an organization in regard to the new General Data Protection Regulation.
- Advise customers about privacy challenges and report to management;
- Come up with pragmatic solutions for specific privacy challenges at our clients;
- Develop privacy deliverables, such as policies, PIAs, data strategies, etc.;
- Work collaboratively within team and coach your teammates;
- Conduct interviews within organizations to identify their maturity level and privacy challenges.
Profile of a Privacy Consultant
- You've completed university education, preferably in Law, supplemented through targeted courses in the field of privacy;
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, an additional European language is a plus;
- You have a customer-oriented attitude, a proactive approach, and are perfectly able to operate both independently and in a team;
- You are pragmatic and are able to balance multiple simultaneous engagements;
- You are capable of completing projects while being pressed for time and you have the ambition to develop yourself.
Working at Deloitte Privacy Services
Deloitte Privacy Services consists of driven professionals and is a multidisciplinary team consisting of people with a legal, technical or business background. The team is characterized by the collegial and informal atmosphere and has its home basis in the Amsterdam Office. Due to the strong growth of our practice, partly caused by the upcoming GDPR, we are looking for new colleagues who want to join our team.