The Business Entity
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a Manager level position responsible for leading and executing against Sales goals for the Netherlands in the Security Sales organization.
The Regional Sales Manager will will lead an organization and management team responsible for the various sectors of the Netherlands. The RSM must possess excellent collaboration skills and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong business partnership with senior leaders across the Cisco sales teams, Cross-Architectural Leaders, Channels and Commercial, Services, Marketing and PR, and other related teams.
* Responsible for Identifying, developing and implementing key initiatives that align with EMEAR's GSSO Strategy & Execution Priorities
* Go to Market Sales Model - Leading /coaching teams through transformation with Account Planning/Opportunity Identification, Business Relevant / Customer Value Selling, Business Disciplines, Challenger Sales Strategy
* Financial Performance - Exceeding bookings goal (by geography, architecture and vertical), managing opex goal, and maintaining forecast accuracy; providing visibility and in depth knowledge into numbers (customer insights, macro/micro trends, consumption models)
* Team Development - Attracting, developing and retaining high performance Account Team talent (career development, coaching, performance management and hiring).
* One Winning Team Engagement and Leading Change - Strategically leading and influencing your own team along with an integrated cross-functional teams including the Customer Value Acceleration Team, Services, Capital, Partners, Advanced Technology teams (Collaboration, Enterprise Networks, Data Center), Marketing, and others.
* Focusing on contributing to the long term success of Cisco's Security and Central Sales organisations by being a collaborative leader amongst your peers. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
* THE RSM will be expected to strategically drive Cisco's end-to-end vision for our Global customers, as well as maintain an in-depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry practices, market opportunities, and customer requirements.
* Inclusive of its global responsibilities, this is the one of the largest, most visible, and complex roles within Cisco's sales organisation, aligned to the company's #1 priority: Security
* This key leadership role will continue the development of our sales delivery model through the capability development of our highly talented and motivated sales organization.
* Setting a vision and building strategic business decision-making capability to the next level will be a major factor for success in this position.
* The candidate will be expected to motivate, inspire, and continually develop his/her teams and channel partners while taking on new competitors as Cisco continues to gain market share outside its dominating data networking core.
* 5-10 years senior management experience, ideal candidate should possess both sales leadership and cross functional/general management experience
* 8+ years in management roles selling solutions to senior executives at large accounts
* Demonstrated track record managing significant revenue responsibility and or profit/loss center and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
* Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
* Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
* Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
* Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
* Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.