Bachelor (EQF 6), Doctorate/PhD (EQF 8), Master (EQF 7)
ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking for a Senior Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Officer.
This is a challenging opportunity for an experienced Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) professional to join the FCC team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam). The position of Senior Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Officer is identified as a senior expert role with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen.
Key result areas and responsibilities
The Senior ABC Compliance Officer contributes to building the ABC team by:
- Using your strong communication and people skills, combined with organizational sensitivity to convey complex messages in a concise and simple way. You are able to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of ABC risks
- Enriching our way of working with your adherence to, and understanding of, the highest professional analytical standards and risk identification, assessment and mitigation techniques;
- Showing you are a creative and curious professional who is looking forward to work on enhancing the ABC preventive framework as part of a small team;
- Providing SME advice and challenging on the identification, assessment and mitigation of ABC risks associated with the bank’s activities worldwide in accordance with the DNB’s mandated approach for the Systematic Integrity Risk Assessment;
- Developing a structured approach to ABC policy framework and supporting materials as part of our response to the identified risks;
- Defining and challenging on the key control framework from a central point and advising on key control testing.
- Monitoring significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the bribery and corruption risk profile of ING Bank;
- Advising Management on bribery and corruption risks, including the requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, and including keeping them informed on developments in the ABC area;
- Leads FCC team members to achieve expected results. Assesses, develops, coaches and inspires them. Works together with team members to come up with solutions and find alternatives;
- Maintains contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), works together with them to achieve the goal and gives advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind;
- Leads projects and manages the production of deliverables as per the explicit quality agreements;
- Engaging stakeholder groups, forming virtual communities and proactively engaging on bribery and corruption roadmap and strategic objectives worldwide;
Your work environment
The FCC team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd LoD). The FCC team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job. The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant FCC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions. The ABC team as part of FCC works in strong collaboration with FCC teams, and Corporate Compliance to enable the One Compliance vision and mindset.
- You possess a deep understanding of relevant bribery and corruption typologies, preventive controls and methods,
- You are proficient in analyzing complex non-financial risks and threats;
- You have a proven interest in -and experience with- countering ABC risk in the financial sector;
- You are quick to understand the business context across sectors, geographies and organizational complexity;
- You are pragmatic and energetic;
- You have a critical mindset;
- You inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
- You are people-focused; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
- You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple way to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FCC risks;
- You are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm