DevOps, Software engineer
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Forescout is at the forefront of IT, OT and IoT Security. As the world becomes more and more connected so does the need for Forescout's products. We are looking for individuals that want to be at the ground floor of building a product that addresses the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, visionaries welcomed!
We are seeking a strong Sr. DevOps Engineer for our OT team, with proven ability to communicate with technical team members and management alike. As Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the full life cycle of deploying, monitoring, troubleshooting, and participating in infrastructure design decisions to enable continuous integration and delivery of our software. You’ll lead the way in building tooling and automation to monitor the health of our infrastructure and create a productive environment for other engineers. You will coordinate the work and track the progress of the DevOps team to report to other technical and business stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Build a strong relationship with DevOps colleagues and the development teams to understand the code, its dependencies and the infrastructure on which it runs.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure.
- Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Actively research latest technologies, keeping up with the latest trends in software development.
- Influence and strengthen agile development culture.
- Inspire, mentor, and encourage developers to apply industry's best practices.
- Design, implement, and support “cloud” and/or container-based solutions and applications.
What You Bring to Forescout:
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift)
- DevOps experience in Amazon Web Services and/or Azure environment and technology.
- Experience working with Cloud applications for AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, AWS).
- Experienced in dynamic/interpreted programming languages (sh/bash, python, etc).
- Strong knowledge of IP networks/firewalls
- Build/release process, continuous integration.
- High performance/high availability environment
- Experience working with databases like SQL and Druid is a plus.
- System security background or knowledge is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years supporting applications in a production environment.
- 5+ years experience releasing software through automated processes.
- 5+ year working across teams in a DevOps environment
- 5+ years of experience using a major cloud vendor (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Fluency in English.