Associate degree (EQF 5), Bachelor (EQF 6)
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to strengthen our Kinly Cloud and verticals team in Amsterdam or Oslo. The successful candidate for this role will receive an outstanding opportunity to enhance our Kinly Cloud offering and take part in designing of the breakthrough system in videoconferencing industry that will automatize workflow over video calls as a service. In this role you will truly be able to shape the future of Kinly and work along committed, seasoned specialists in the video conferencing domain together making impact on the way thousands of people in the world communicate.
More about this position
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer you:
- Develop features and improvements to the Kinly product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way;
- Work with stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Kinly product and Services;
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review;
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects;
- Learn, collaborate and teach other Frontend Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
What we will offer you
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer you will get the opportunity to hold a position within a dynamic organization in which you can truly make a difference. In addition, we offer the following:
- A competitive salary;
- A full-time job at our office in Amsterdam or Oslo;
- 27 vacation days per year on a full-time basis;
- Good pension plan;
- Travel allowance;
- Mobile phone with company subscription;
- Flexible working hours and the flexibility to work from home;
- Organized lunch / fruit at the office for a small personal contribution;
- A work environment where we care about our employees and like to make a fun work environment;
- Without corona measures, drinks are regularly organized on Friday afternoons.
What do you bring?
- Experience with writing automated tests (eg. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape);
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment;
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page);
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions;
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems;
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process;
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term;
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset;
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates;
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility;
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization;
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team;
- Experience contributing to open source software;
- Domain knowledge relevant to the product stage in which you are looking to join (eg. someone with CI/CD experience applying for the Verify & Release team).