Master (EQF 7)
Senior Test Automation Engineer
Have you ever hacked your home router, just because you could? Do you deeply care about the safety of mobile devices? Do you consider metal, coffee and CTF essential ingredients for a night of fun? Do you want to contribute to a more secure future for payment systems? Do you like building the world’s most advanced security test tools? Then you should join Riscure!
Riscure is a young, ambitious organization specialized in security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, set top box, mobile and smart metering industries. In addition, Riscure is the leading vendor of specialist security testing products. We have 150+ employees with mixed technical and academic backgrounds working from offices in Delft (The Netherlands), Shanghai (China) and San Francisco (USA). Riscure is organized in two units: Knowledge & Services and Products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our international family (30+ nationalities!). You will work on new and existing software products that validate the security of embedded software and IoT applications. Our market-leading tools enable security experts and developers to find vulnerabilities in secured products by using a variety of hardware and software test techniques, combined with data analysis and visual representation of test results. For our software security testing products, we rely on efficient algorithms, advanced compiler technology and accurate electronic circuit simulation. For our hardware security testing tools, key factors for success are performance, complex analysis of large data sets and reliable software-hardware interaction.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you are part of a growing, cross-functional development team based in the Netherlands. Within the Team, it is your main responsibility to develop and maintain the build and test facilities for Riscure’s tools. To take further steps in Quality Assurance, Riscure is investing in tooling that enables us to release software with more features, more often and more reliably. Your goal is to expand our current test facilities into a fully-fledged CI/CD pipeline that enables our customers to regularly upgrade with confidence to the latest release of their Riscure tools. You will create a technical roadmap for this pipeline and spearhead the implementation, gradually enabling the team to contribute. Together developers and product owners, you develop tools that enable analysts and engineers worldwide to make their products more secure. The team collaborates with external customers as well as with the analysts from our own Security Lab to learn which cutting edge technologies are most valuable for Riscure’s product portfolio. The close collaboration with users results in products that fulfil a customer need and have short time-to-market.
- You will work in short cycles on experiments, in which ideas are transformed into prototypes, according to Lean development principles. We use these experiments to check if our solution is beneficial for our customers.
- You work in a small team of developers, actively reducing the effort required to do the next release by improving and expanding our build and test pipelines.
- You will work with colleagues from the Security Lab and the Customer Experience Team to obtain targets and establish benchmarks for automated tests.
- We develop as a team with end-to-end responsibility. This starts with analyzing usecases, designing solutions and coding. It also involves supporting tasks, such as reviewing other team members’ code, writing documentation and manual testing.
- You learn something new every day! Continuous improvement is important and Riscure facilitates this by offering coaching on the job, a guided growth path and (in-house) training.
- The majority of our software is written in Java, some in Python. We are working with tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Maven, Ranorex and Git to support our software development process. Your work includes configuration, maintenance, and improvement of these tools and processes.
- You hold a Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You have solid experience setting up automated testing systems and build pipelines.
- You have some experience with Java and Python.
- It is beneficial if you have experience in at least one of the following fields/tools: bootloaders, embedded software, compiler creation, LLVM.
- You have experience in Lean development, agile software development practices and you feel comfortable with various software development tools.
- You have affinity with the field of hardware and software security or are passionate about growing in these fields.
What Riscure offers
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including 25 days of annual leave, profit sharing scheme, pension premium where Riscure pays 75%, contribution to medical health insurance and daily provided lunch.
- We are result-driven and flexible in working hours and location. Post-Covid, we expect to work from home roughly 50% of the time. The office is a beehive where we meet, interact and cooperate.
- Most of our customers are large, international organizations based in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is very important for us to be able to provide these customers with high-quality professional products, training and support. In our daily work, we value content, creating an open and sincere work environment that is result-driven, with ample room for fresh ideas.
- At Riscure you will be working together with people from all over the world, who are passionate about their job. Each of them is eager to learn and willing to share knowledge. We have weekly lunch meetings, during which we take turns to keep one another up to date about the latest developments.
- You form part of a small, highly specialized company with an informal working environment, ensuring that your work is varied and that you have direct contact with every layer within the organization. Riscure combines family feel with corporate facilities!
- Riscure is a young and growing company. We maximize transparency and strive to involve all employees in our decision making process. In addition to attractive terms of employment, you will be given the chance of getting your own responsibility and personal development plan within the organization.
Riscure Core Values
- Proactively taking ownership: we are proactive in our work; we take responsibility for our customers’ satisfaction; we improve continuously, both professionally and personally.
- Open to share knowledge: we share knowledge responsibly; we listen to each other and our customers.
- Everyone feels at home: we can be ourselves; we are playful and like to surprise each other; we are respectful.
- Maximize our creative potential: we like being challenged; we are curious; we encourage innovation.
Are you interested?
For more information, please contact +31 (0)15 251 4090. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a resume accompanied by a short motivation letter. Please note that applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into account. The application procedure consists of a first interview, a homework assignment, and a great interactive meeting where you get to know the team!