Cyber, ICT, Software Developer, Engineering, scrum, Software Science
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
UL’s Identity Management and Security Division is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Technology team with more than 130 engineers around the globe. Our team consists of a unique combination of engineers, scientists and hackers working on software and hardware, which is used to ensure the security and interoperability within the world of electronic transactions, including the latest mobile payment solutions and modern transit payment systems. Apart from developing software and hardware, the team also delivers technical advisory to customers worldwide.
Our tools, consisting of desktop, web-based and mobile software (and specialized hardware), are used by major payment industry players in order to test systems and devices such as data processing systems, mobile devices, point-of-sale terminals, ATMs and SIM cards. As a Software Engineer you will join one of our Scrum Teams to maintain and develop a portfolio of payment technology related desktop test tools. You will work closely with your team members, domain experts and customers. In this hands-on role, you will be part of a dynamic and international development team. Using cutting edge technology to develop advanced portfolio of platforms for major payment industry players.
- Converting payment industry requirement specifications into executable test tool software, including:
- Implementing test plan specifications
- Creating and maintaining high quality simulators for components in the payment network
- Building user friendly user interfaces to execute and report complex processes in a comprehensible way
- Test automation using APIs and Continuous Integration
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in the payment domain and act as a consultant to other parts of the organization
- Creating and maintaining off the shelf products and customer specific solutions, involving design, coding and unit testing
- Implementing new features based on precisely analyzing provided specifications
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery using Jenkins and GitLab CI
- Participating in a Scrum Team
- Contributing to a sustainable long term technology strategy by suggesting and implementing improvements and performing trade-off analysis
BS / MS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Physics, Math or equivalent
- Experience with programming (compiled or scripted languages)
- Experience with Java or other OOP languages such as .NET or Python
- Experience with infrastructure as code or CICD technologies like Docker, Git, Nexus, SonarQube, Jenkins, Selenium would be a plus
- Experience with/ knowledge about banking payment solutions (EMV, ISO8583 based protocols) would be a plus
- Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies
- A drive to deliver state-of-the-art products
- A drive to provide correct and definitive answers
- Ability to work well in an international environment
- Good communication skills and able to self-organize
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English.
- A competitive salary and bonus arrangement
- Personal development: a large range of training which enables our staff to develop their technical and soft skills
- An international, innovative and dynamic work environment
- Free fruit every day and Friday afternoon drinks
Interested? Click the 'more information'-button on top of this page.