In fast-changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defense, security and space, our architect's design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defense, space, aerospace, and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and the internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven, and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers, and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cybersecurity solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
The System Engineering team performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships. To strengthen our group, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated: System Engineer - Modelling
About the job
As a system engineer, you work in international multidisciplinary teams that apply a model-based methodology for the design, development, and validation of systems. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team, you are responsible for defining and maintaining the system models. The system models are used to share knowledge across the team and to master technical evolutions. Activities include amongst others:
• Analyzing the customer’s and other stakeholders’ needs
• Describing the missions, functions, and requirements on the solution or the product
• Formalizing the specification and the architectural design to develop the solution or product
• Preparing and performing the solution or product integration, verification and validation tests
If you join our group you will have a varied working week. You will meet with engineers that operate in many different activities (from the development of new systems to winning new contracts). You will have regular contact with teams at Thales group-level and frequently meet with peers in similar roles to learn from each other and to discuss progress. Next to the activities above you will play an important role as member of the model-based system engineering core team that is continuously improving the way in which Model-Based System Engineering is being applied within the Netherlands.
• Degree in Engineering or Science (Computer, SW Engineering, Aerospace or similar field)
• Knowledge of Model-Based System Engineering practices and tools is a preference
• Motivated to be involved in process improvement activities
• Team player with communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
• High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism, and persuasiveness
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
• An interesting job within a pleasant team in a high-tech environment;
• Room for, and attention to, personal development and personal initiative;
• The opportunity to grow within the organization, preferably at a Senior technical level;
• An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
• A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
• Excellent work conditions, with many employee benefits, including 40 days paid leave a year.
Then apply now to show your interest. An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales, we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!