Security, Management, Technical
Bachelor (EQF 6)
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
The team in the Netherlands is working on a web-based review platform for non-technical investigators.
How we work
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We know what we do makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our Research and Development team works in an Agile environment and we work with user stories. We operate on a fast-paced model of continuous improvement, to regularly experiment, iterate and deliver on new product goals.
This role is a great opportunity to lead and help grow our development team in The Hague, the latest addition to Magnet Forensics.
- Lead a small software development team including setting goals and developing team members
- Take an active role in the development process including development and/or testing of code
- Manage software development activities – oversee the design, development, testing, troubleshooting and debugging of software
- Responsible for providing direction to development staff, coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
- Provide guidance to employees to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Utilize knowledge of technical and business drivers to define quality solutions that meet the needs of customers
- Communicate with different teams internal and/or external as needed for information required on the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Experience in managing a small software development team within a large multi- application team environment
- 1+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with Linux, C++, .NET core, Python, SQL; HTML5, Elasticsearch would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making abilities
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills and team communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Good conflict resolution and negotiating skills