Cyber Security, Cyber Threat Intelligence
Bachelor (EQF 6), Master (EQF 7)
Cyber threats are rising in both volume and sophistication every day. Building next generation capabilities for threat detection and response is not feasible for many organizations. However, Kivu’s Managed Security Services are designed to help bridge this gap by delivering advanced detection and response as a service, thereby removing the complexity and cost of building an in-house next generation security operation.
For security analysts it means working in an organization to leverage existing toolsets that provide automation and orchestration in a DevSecOps environment to keep the role exciting and challenging.
The Threat Analyst will provide intrusion/incident monitoring and detection utilizing customer provided data sources, audit and monitoring tools at both the government and enterprise level. The Threat Analyst will work closely with our SOC Engineers and Program Architects to service Kivu Clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Analyze, document and report on potential security incidents identified in customer environments
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets
- Act as a coordinator for security events that require urgent response, containment and remediation
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Familiarity with Elastic and Splunk SIEM
- Perform knowledge transfers, document and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats
- Provide ongoing recommendations to other MSS peers and customers on tuning and best practices
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Ability to discuss security posture with multiple clients and make recommendations to better their holistic security approach
Become a part of the Kivu team
Please email a resume and detailed cover letter (outlining how you fit the position’s requirements) to: email@example.com