Data Analytics in Security, Analyst, Business Intelligence, Data analysis
Education Type:Edu type:
Master (EQF 7)
Learn to merge business, mathematics and statistics with advanced data science and optimization methods. After graduation, you will be ready to take on a wide range of applications, including inventory management, recommendation systems, vehicle routing, and scheduling.
Program and courses
Combine the fields of business, mathematics and statistics to make smarter management decisions based on quantitative tools and data.
- Learn theory and state of the art methods to solve complex business problems, with the focus on optimization methods and techniques for analyzing (big) data, and making predictions.
- Learn to identify and analyze unpredictable problems and opportunities in a tactical, strategic, creative and innovative way.
- Examples of applications:
- In logistics: fastest trip and route planning, supply chain optimization, and effective inventory management.
- In the medical field: efficiently allocating donor kidneys and optimizing tumor treatment plans
- In the public sector: optimizing train schedules and determining the optimal dike height for flood prevention.
- Develop skills to communicate your findings efficiently with decision makers, while discussing real business cases of companies with both academics and professionals.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
- The Extended Master's Program, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Data Science Methods
- Decision Making with Business Analytics
- Decision Making under Uncertainty
Your quantitative modelling expertise will open up extensive career opportunities in the private sector, as well as in the public and non-profit sectors. Our alumni work within operations research firms, consultancy firms, operations research departments, and logistics applications providers.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Optimization Algorithm Expert at Quintiq
- Supply Chain Consultant at ORTEC
- Quantitative Analyst at Rabobank Nederland
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3,393
- 82% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career
- 82% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends, family or colleagues
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=11