Mathematics and Computer Sciences (EEMCS), Economics
Education Type:Edu type:
Master (EQF 7)
Become an expert economist, policy advisor or consultant with strong quantitative skills. Learn the newest modelling techniques in economics, econometrics, statistics, and big data methods to solve real-world challenges such as: choosing the best economic policy, designing labor markets and capital investments, regulating competition, and recommending strategic behavior for firms and consumers.
Program and courses
The program focuses on the mathematical and quantitative analysis of economic problems.
- Econometrics and Mathematical Economics belongs to the programs with the best career perspectives.
- Taught by leading international scholars from the world-renowned research institute CentER.
- Large amount of elective courses to customize your degree. You can also choose to specialize in pensions and an aging society. In the Pensions, Aging and Retirement track you learn how economic theories and models can be applied to create solutions for problems related to aging.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following on top of programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomic Decisions
- Time Series and its Applications
- Data Science Methods
- Dynamic Economic Models
With a Master of Science in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics you are awarded an internationally-recognized degree, qualified to pursue a career in a range of different organizations, such as government institutions, banks, insurance companies and research departments of large companies.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
This program is legally recognized and accredited by the Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).