Economics, Mathematics and Computer Sciences (EEMCS)
Type Opleiding:Edu type:
Master (EQF 7)
Become an expert economist, policy advisor or consultant with strong quantitative skills. Learn the latest modelling techniques in economics, econometrics, statistics, and big data methods to solve actual challenges such as: choosing the best economic policy, designing labor markets and capital investments, regulating competition, and recommending strategic behavior for firms and consumers.
Program and courses
The program focuses on the mathematical and quantitative analysis of economic problems.
- MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics is one of the programs with great career perspectives.
- Taught by leading international scholars from the world-renowned research institute CentER.
- Large amount of elective courses to customize your degree.
- In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious students can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds a full year to the regular Master's program which you will spend at a QTEM partner university and a corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomic Decisions
- Time Series and its Applications
- Data Science Methods
- Dynamic Economic Models
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science. With a Master's in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics you have obtained an internationally-recognized degree and are able to pursue a career in a wide range of different organizations, such as government institutions, banks, insurance companies and research departments of large companies.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3,498
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 93% to a (very) large extent
- 100% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=14