Your role as Offensive Security Expert
As a Security Expert, you will be working together with your colleagues breaking into Fortune 500 companies, governments, financial institutions and critical infrastructures to improve their security. You will be taking part in all assignment types covered by NCC group. Assignments can range from hacking web applications or hardware to Red Teaming. There are also options to join Incident Response cases and digital or physical social engineering.
As a Security Expert, you will apply state of the art methodologies, tooling, and skills to demonstrate real vulnerabilities, and help clients improve their security posture and technical controls to mitigate the issues. You will conduct ongoing research into latest tactics, techniques and procedures. You will collaborate with NCC’s technical consultants and discover dangerous flaws and major security vulnerabilities for our clients before they’re found by hackers of more malicious intent.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work and the focus on privacy, you cannot freely talk to everyone about the details of your work. However, you are able to speak in a more anonymized fashion meaning you’ll be able to tell stories about how you hacked an ATM, stole all the money and broke into a high secure facility using nothing more than your wits and a teaspoon.
We are Fox-IT, or Fox. We stand for making the world safer and more secure. That means every one of us contributes in making society safer and more secure with the help of our technical and innovative solutions. From our Red Team of hackers, our Blue Team of defense specialists, highly skilled developers to trusted security consultants and more: we do this for organizations where cyber security is highly important. That is why we continuously develop our individual skills and knowledge.
We are Offensive Security Experts, critical thinkers, naturally security paranoid, creative, pragmatic and thrive on development. We work together, and aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We are part of NCC Group and together with our European colleagues we form NCC Europe. With the rest of the group and almost 2.000 like-minded colleagues around the globe, we are on our never-ending mission to create a safer world.
This is you
- You are a creative security professional who uses knowledge and skills to contribute to our mission (so you are not a scriptkiddie).
- You are willing to learn, discover and apply the latest tactics, techniques and procedures .
- You are familiar with offensive security subjects, such as mobile security, (web) application security and infrastructure security.
- You have programming experience in scripting languages such as Python or Bash. Experience with either C/C++, C# and debugging skills are a plus.
- You are able to do a thorough analysis and strive to find the root causes behind vulnerabilities when the assignment requires it.
- You are able to convey technical insights to tech and non-tech audiences, both written and verbally.
- You are able to work in highly internationalized environments, both with respect to colleagues and clients.
- You are good with the English language, both spoken and in writing.
- You are a team player.
- Optional: You are willing to demonstrate knowledge and skills (publish and present) to the offensive / information security community and industry.
- You will work within a global team of industry and community renowned experts on a wide range of technically advanced assignments.
- We have a social, knowledge driven and friendly working environment.
- We value continuous development, making use of both NCC internal training capabilities as well as external industry acknowledged trainings, like provided by Offensive Security.
- We are a front running team of offensive security experts across EU and global.
- We are working with inspiring specialists known by and renowned for their work.
- In Fox-IT, we cover all facets of infosec, both red, blue and everything in between (full spectrum) and stimulating cooperation and knowledge sharing between all specialists.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in team Research & Development.
- You will work with a team doing fun, challenging and rewarding work.
- You will make a difference in the security mindset of businesses and, ultimately, society.
- You will have career growth opportunities: options to advance on technical career paths, become subject matter expert and the possibility to jump to a leadership role.
- If you discover something interesting, blogging and conducting talks at (international) conferences is encouraged.
- Knowledge sharing both inside and outside of NCC Group is encouraged.
Working at Fox means that you can let your technical creativity run free and that this is also greatly appreciated. You will work in a place at the top of cybersecurity where your ideas are valued.
That's not all, you also get:
- Flexible working hours and flexibility in working at home or in the office, so that you can optimally combine your job with your private life.
- A pension scheme, 26 vacation days, 4 office closing days and 8% vacation pay with a full-time contract.
- A laptop and business phone.
- Reimbursement for using your own telephone, internet at home and working from home allowance.
- A performance bonus and profit sharing.
- Tasty coffee and lots of fruits.
You can apply by clicking on the button, which will take you to our ATS (Workday). After your application, we will get to work and see if we are a good match. An extended screening procedure is necessary to work at Fox-IT.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com.