WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Data Science department translates large volumes of unstructured, often dynamic data sets into actionable insights. These data often originate from internet-based platforms such as social media and discussion forums, but can also include sensor data and transaction log files. We work with our clients on finding new methods for searching, linking and detecting trends in large amounts of heterogeneous data (text, audio, video, etc.). Together with your colleagues, you will develop proof-of-concepts that use the latest data science methods. You will contribute your knowledge and experience of implementing machine learning to projects for various clients, e.g. clients in the domains of security, defence, logistics, industry or health. Some areas you can help us with include:
Would you like to use what you know to contribute to the above topics? And does the list of requirements below sound like you? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
- Do you have a general affinity with such areas as data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- Does implementing your techniques in proof-of-concepts inspire you? Do you enjoy using new technologies in practical solutions so that stakeholders and clients can see the added value of these?
- Do you have the programming skills to translate ideas into practical and demonstrable solutions?
- Can you familiarise yourself quickly with programming languages and tools like GitLab and Docker?
- Do you enjoy working with other experts at TNO and/or partners and stakeholders outside TNO?
- Are you interested in contributing your expertise to different domains and application fields?
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE OF YOU?
As Junior Software Engineer, you:
- Have a university (WO) or higher professional vocational (HBO) qualification in IT, e.g. a master’s in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or (Statistical) Data Science;
- Preferably have practical knowledge of data science and machine learning methods and machine learning libraries, e.g. Pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe or Torch;
- Know how to use Python; Java or Scala would also be preferable;
- Experience with microservices-based software design, e.g. Docker, is essential;
- Experience with Apache Spark or Hadoop and NoSQL databases would be an advantage;
- You can work independently and also support colleagues with any problems they encounter.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT OF YOUR WORK SITUATION?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
WHAT CAN TNO OFFER YOU?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till October the 23th. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews within 4 weeks.
HAS THIS VACANCY AROUSED YOUR INTEREST?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Yvonne Pribnow
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-11097594
Hiring manager: Judith Kessens
Phone number: 08886 65822
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.