Within the department, the team ‘Exposure assessment and risk management’ works on the development of innovative methods to assess and manage the risk of exposure with the ultimate aim to prevent or limit the occurrence of occupational diseases. Examples of chemicals are nanomaterials, biocides and pesticides, endotoxines and asbestos. Innovative methods are being developed, such as modelling tools for exposure and/or risk assessment (oa Advanced Reach Tool (ART)), novel exposure measurement techniques, biomonitoring, safe by design, risk management measures and health impact assessment all applied within the context of the exposome.
What we expect from you?
You are an enthousiastic and proactive teamplayer with a broad scientific interest who is looking for complex challenges in the field of human exposure assessment & risk management. Your curiosity together with your surprising and innovative ideas and solutions make you a great independent innovator.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- An academic background, preferably in Occupational/Environmental Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Life Science Technology;
- 3 - 8 years experience in exposure assessment;
- Knowledge regarding exposure modeling and assessment;
- Interest in chemical exposures, related health risks and risk management;
- Knowledge regarding data analyses & modeling, digitalisation and text mining;
- Good communicative skills both verbal and written are important;
- 32-40 hour a week availability.
What you'll get in return?
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.800,- and € 5.900,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13thmonth bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting)on a full-time basis.
- Great social (online) events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
TNO as an employer?
The Research group RAPID (Risk Analysis for Products In Development) consists of 50 experts (toxicologists, epidemiologists, chemists, occupational hygienists, statisticians and modelers) who work in multidisciplinary projects on the assessment of health risks due to exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals via the (occupational-)environment, food or drugs. Based on scientific knowledge, RAPID works on the development of innovative tools, models, and methods to predict these potential health risks accurately and efficiently by combining risk analysis and statistical expertise with practical experience in the field of innovative experimental research (toxicology, chemical analysis, human exposure). Besides risk assessment RAPID research focusses on reducing risks, e.g. reduction measures, interventions, safe by design and safe handling of chemicals.
RAPID successfully applies its knowledge in the national and international chemical, food, and pharma market and together with universities, research institutes, government and industrial players we aim to be leading in our field. For examples of our projects, check our website.
The selection process
Please apply before the 12th of July 2021. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 15th of July 2021. The second interview round has been scheduled for the 19th of July 2021. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button on the website.
Recruiter: Heleen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-515 34922
Hiring manager: Monique Rennen
Phone number: 08886 61737