Safe Business Officer - Tribe KYC Services
Your role & working environment
You make sure ING's operations run safely so we can show that to regulators and the outside world. You contribute to the integrity of ING's products, services, employees and compliance with the outside world.
You are a business partner in the 1st line of defence, part of the Agile Delivery & Client Services Organisation (Tribes, Squads, Customer Loyalty Teams, Centre of Expertise, etc.) that promotes awareness of the "Safe Business" concept to ensure that business risks are under control. This means that you proactively control the entire risk process, from identification to risk management and mitigation. You ensure that the number of non-financial risks remains within the organisation's risk appetite and that risks are identified in a transparent manner.
Within the tribe KYC Sercvices we are working daily to minimize risks related to money laundering, terrorist financing or other reputational risks. Our field of activity includes the following processes: client onboarding, periodic and event driven reviews, name screening, pre-transaction screening and post-transaction monitoring. Through our policies, processes and systems, we are committed to continuously fulfilling our societal role as a gatekeeper to protect our financial infrastructure from financial crime. Our tribe consists of the following areas:
- Public Private Partnerships
- Delivery squads, E2E responsible for KYC processes and tooling for both individuals and business entities
- A department responsible for management information
- And a department responsible for the operational handling of the files (KYC Center)
What will you do?
As Safe Business Officer you are responsible for the following activities
In collaboration with stakeholders, you identify risk items based on business knowledge of end-to-end business processes; you provide evidence, document and report the risks.
- You are actively involved in discussions about, for example, risk acceptance and measures to mitigate risk items.
- You provide analyses (gap analysis, scenario analysis, major incident and impact analysis) and create reports to manage Non Financial Risk.
- You advise internal stakeholders
- You define the risk assessment plan and prepare it.
- You are gatekeeper of the Product Approval and Review Process (PARP) within the Tribe;
- You provide and maintain risk awareness and evaluate the need for first line training for employees.
- You adapt training to the needs of the first line and organize theannual NFR training and the Awareness Plan.
- Oversee the quality of the non-financial risk framework by identifying key risks, conducting key control tests and gathering evidence to avoid the risk of financial loss or damage to reputation.
- You participate in the agile ceremonies (market places, sprint planning and demo, risk wall in Obeya Room) to stay informed about the most important activities at all times.
- You're the contact for the 2nd line of defence
- You will participate in a crossborder collaboration to develop and further develop uniform processes.
Your education, experience and background
- You have a HBO or Academic level
- You have at least 3 year of experience in a risk management-, audit- or compliance environment within the banking industry
- You have up-to-date knowledge of the KYC domain (organization, processes, procedures and stakeholders)
- You are an expert in Excel and have affinity with IT
- You have a learning agility and innovative mind set
- You have well developed communication skills
- You have excellent collaboration skills and organisational sensitivity
- You are analytic and decisiveness
- You strive to bring fresh ideas and accept challenges in a rapidly changing and complex environment.
- You are a person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. In addition, you provide creative solutions to problems.
- You are an enthusiastic colleague who is willing to help others succeed and you always think one step ahead.
- You speak and write fluent in Dutch and English
- You will work and act in accordance with ING’s Orange Code
- A challenging full-time position (36/40 hours).
- Space for personal development and growth opportunities. Within ING we realize that in order to grow qualitatively we need to have the best people in the right place. That is why we like to invest in your personal development and growth opportunities. But we also expect you to take the initiative and to keep up to date with the latest developments in your field.
- Interesting remuneration package. In this full-time position (36 hours), XXX will not only offer you an excellent base salary and 21.5 days of vacation, but also a 13th month and more distinctive (sometimes surprising) benefits such as diversity leave, a leased bicycle or 6 weeks of leave for new fathers. This position of Safe Business Officer within KYC Services is classified in job scale 11. Further growth in the future is a possibility.
Do you want to know more or apply? We would love to get to know you!
Do you have any questions about this role or working at ING please contact Charlie van der Zant, Charlie.van.der.Zant@ing.com
Is this the position cut out for you? Are you up to the challenge? Then apply immediately by using the application button below and send your CV and cover letter. Please send your motivation in both Dutch and English.